Introducing AviClear – The Best Laser Treatment for Acne
What kind of laser is AviClear? This has been Dr. Qazi’s most commonly asked question this month. AviClear laser treatment is specifically for mild to severe acne. It is the first laser treatment of its kind that treats acne at the source. It is also safe for all skin tones.
How Does AviClear Acne Laser Work?
Acne is caused by the sebaceous glands, which produce sebum. When this oily substance on your skin combines with dead skin cells, it clogs the pores. Clogged pores can become inflamed, resulting in whiteheads, blackheads, and cysts. The AviClear laser system works by targeting the sebaceous glands rather than the skin. When heat is applied to the sebaceous glands, it limits the production of sebum.
The AviClear laser has a precise 1726 nm wavelength and selective cooling features, so it won’t damage the skin. This means that AviClear treatments are suitable for patients of all skin tones.
Dr. Qazi and his team are very excited to offer patients long-lasting relief from their acne. AviClear laser delivers better results than Accutane with none of the side effects. Are AviClear procedures as good as they sound? Keep reading to find out!
What is AviClear?
AviClear acne laser is a revolutionary new method for treating acne. Before this breakthrough, patients had to deal with acne as it happened. You may have tried one treatment after another which dried out your skin and didn’t help. Unlike other laser and acne treatments, AviClear treatments stop acne at the source. Instead of responding to acne, this laser stops it entirely.
Whether you have hormonal acne, whiteheads, blackheads, or cystic acne, the AviClear system can help!
How Does AviClear Work Differently from Other Laser Treatments?
Most laser treatments are all about the skin. They apply heat to the layers of the skin to get rid of damaged skin cells. After the skin is resurfaced, it heals better than before. While this can be ideal for treating some cosmetic conditions, it isn’t as ideal for acne. Other lasers are also not safe for patients with melanated skin. Applying too much heat to darker skin tones can cause damage and hyperpigmentation.
AviClear works differently than other lasers. Instead of targeting the skin, the AviClear system targets the sebaceous glands under the skin. This gland produces sebum, which clogs your pores. When the AviClear device applies heat to the sebaceous gland, it reduces sebum production. With less of this substance on your skin, you will experience less acne.
Because the AviClear acne laser targets the sebaceous gland, not the skin, it is safe for all skin tones. It is also safe for patients of all ages, including older patients with adult acne.
When was Cutera’s AviClear Acne Device Cleared by the FDA?
The AviClear acne treatment system was FDA approved in March 2022. Designed by Cutera, it is currently the only energy-based device to receive FDA approval.
While AviClear is a relatively new innovation, cosmetic physicians are very excited! Qazi Cosmetic Clinic is one of the first medspas in the area to offer AviClear treatments. For even better results, Dr. Qazi also offers laser combo treatments with the AviClear laser. This means that your skin can be completely transformed after a few painless sessions.
If you are curious about AviClear lasers, schedule a consultation today! Dr. Qazi and his team will answer all your questions and give you the skin of your dreams.
What Were the Results of AviClear Clinical Trials?
Before acquiring FDA approval, Cutera funded a study of AviClear with 104 patients. During the clinical trials, no patients reported adverse reactions. There was no damage to the skin, no hyperpigmentation, and no extended downtime after treatment.
These were the results after 3 sessions with the AviClear system:
- At the 3 month mark, 80% of patients had half their active acne resolved.
- At 6 months, 87% of patients noticed that half their acne had cleared up.
- Patients who experienced severe acne had a 93% reduction in deep, persistent cystic acne after 6 months.
- In the months following their treatment, patients reported that their breakouts were shorter, less severe, and covered a smaller area of their face.
5 Things to Know Before You Get AviClear
AviClear works very well on acne for patients of all ages. It almost sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? The good news is that the rumors are true. AviClear treatment works!
Before you schedule an AviClear consultation, there are 5 things that you should know:
- What type of acne you have and if it can be treated with the AviClear system
- What areas can be safely treated with AviClear
- Are AviClear treatments safe for your skin tone and skin type?
- Would you benefit from an AviClear laser combo treatment?
- Am I a good candidate?
Which Types of Acne Can AviClear Treat?
Acne is nothing to be ashamed of. Most teens and adults experience acne at some point, if not frequently. Sometimes acne can be treated effectively with skincare solutions. It is also common for patients to treat their acne with medications, such as birth control or Accutane pills. Acne can be caused by hormones, genetics, stress, excessive sebum production, and dirty skin.
There are 7 different types of acne:
- Whiteheads are clogged pores that form bumps. They are closed, which makes them satisfying to pop. Do not pop your whiteheads.
- Blackheads are bumps that have filled with dead skin cells and sebum. Unlike whiteheads, they are open. The appearance of a black dot in the bump is from light on the follicle.
- Cysts are pus-filled pimples that can be invisible under the skin or visible on the skin. When cysts burst or are popped, they cause scarring.
- Nodules are large, solid, hard pimples in the skin. They are often mistaken for cysts, but they are usually harder and more painful.
- Papules are one of the most common forms of acne. They look like red or pink spots, which have become inflamed.
- Pustules look like whiteheads, but they contain pus. Do not pop, scratch, or touch your pustules because if they burst, it can cause acne scars.
- Fungal acne is the only kind of acne not caused by clogged pores. When the hair follicles on the face or body develop a yeast infection, the area is covered in inflamed, raised, red pumps.
AviClear is able to treat 6 of the 7 types of acne. If you have whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, nodules, papules, or pustules, AviClear acne laser can help! This treatment does not work as well for fungal acne; this type of acne is best treated with an anti-fungal topical cream. If you have multiple types of acne in an area, the AviClear system can treat them all at once.
What Areas Can Be Treated with AviClear Lasers?
At this time, the AviClear system is only suitable for use on the face. Using it for back or chest acne has not been tested in a clinical environment.
If you would like to find a treatment for body acne, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Qazi. He may recommend an alternative treatment, such as cortisone shots, a medical grade chemical peel, or a different laser treatment.
Is AviClear Suitable for All Skin Types?
The AviClear acne laser is the first laser of its kind that is safe for all skin types. This means that you can get this treatment even if you:
- Have melanated skin
- Have older skin with fine lines and wrinkles
- Are South Asian, Pacific Islander, African-America, Indigenous, or mixed race.
- Have experienced hyperpigmentation from laser treatments before
There are 3 reasons why AviClear treatments are safe for all skin tones:
- This laser is not targeting the skin. It targets the sebaceous gland underneath the skin. During the treatment, the skin is not touched or damaged.
- The AviClear system has a built-in cooling mechanism. This helps control the heat application to avoid damaging other tissue.
- AviClear lasers have a wavelength of 1,726 nm, which is in a range that won’t damage the skin.
What is a Combo Laser Treatment With the AviClear Laser System?
Qazi Cosmetic Clinic stands out from other medspas for our unique and effective combo treatments. Newport Beach patients have gotten amazing results with Dr. Qazi’s LaseMD and CO2 laser combo procedure. AviClear treatment can also be safely combined with other treatments.
Dr. Qazi recommends the AviClear-CO2 laser treatment for older patients with acne. The AviClear laser will target the sebaceous glands to reduce acne in the long term. The CO2 laser is an ablative laser that is designed to resurface the skin. This means that the laser strategically damages the skin so that the body is prompted to heal itself. When the skin heals, more collagen is created. This method is very effective at getting rid of wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation.
The AviClear acne laser can also be combined with the LaseMD procedure. LaseMD is a treatment that combines laser therapy with advanced nano serums. LaseMD is best for treating sun damaged skin and rejuvenating the face. When you get this combo procedure, you can kiss your acne goodbye, then enjoy a little spa time. When you leave the Qazi Cosmetic Office, you’ll be glowing!
Acne laser treatment can also be combined with many other cosmetic procedures. Patients often get fillers, PDO thread lift, or Botox to create and improve contour. However, your beautiful proportions and popping cheekbones won’t be as gorgeous with acne covering your skin. This is where AviClear combo treatments come in. Dr. Qazi can treat the acne and create natural-looking contour at the same time. This means that you get a complete makeover. You know what they say: new year, new you!
Am I a Good Candidate for Acne Laser Treatment?
The AviClear system is one of the most inclusive medspa treatments on the market. It is suitable for patients of all ages with all skin tones and all skin types and it can treat 6 out of the 7 types of acne. It can be used anywhere on the face.
Almost anyone can be a good candidate for this procedure. The only requirements are:
- You must have mild to severe acne on your face.
- Your acne cannot be caused by a fungal infection.
- Patients must have realistic expectations for the procedure.
- You must be okay with doing 3 sessions to get your results.
While anyone can get this laser treatment, teenagers can benefit the most from it. The teenage years are usually when the worse of the breakouts occur. This can result in being bullied, low self-esteem, difficulty making friends, and low confidence in themselves. These barriers can result in life-long insecurities and influence how well those teenagers will thrive later in life.
AviClear treatment is recommended highly for teenagers for 6 reasons:
- It will reduce acne for years to come.
- Having clear skin helps teens be more confident in themselves.
- Clear skin can open up opportunities for teens, from getting regular jobs to getting into modeling or acting.
- Stopping acne early prevents acne scars from developing. This saves patients from having to treat their acne scars as adults.
- Some patients have allergies to the traditional acne medications. With laser treatment, there is no risk of allergic reactions.
- Female patients may otherwise go on birth control to help control their acne. However, birth control can have severe side effects. It is also a pain to pick up monthly and take every single day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Acne Laser Treatment
What is AviClear Treatment Like?
The first step is for Dr. Qazi to clean your skin with acetone. This is designed to remove extra oils. Then, the skin will be moisturized with a topical cream or a wet compress.
Patients have the option of receiving topical numbing cream for the procedure. Qazi Cosmetic Clinic also offers pro-nox for some procedures. Dr. Qazi will do a quick test on your skin, so you can decide if you want numbing cream. Most patients report that it doesn’t hurt. For patients with high pain tolerance, they might not even feel it.
The appointment lasts about 30 minutes. Your acne may look better immediately, but don’t expect to see long-term results so soon.
My Acne Got Worse After Laser Treatment, What’s Happening?
If your acne worsens after your procedure, don’t panic. This is called the AviClear purge. It also happens with retinoids. This is completely normal and your skin will settle in a few days.
How Many Laser Acne Treatments Do I Need?
You will need 3 treatments with AviClear to see results. The treatments should be spaced 1 month apart. Each treatment lasts about 30 minutes. While you may see some initial results after your first treatment, it is important to get all 3 sessions.
When Will I See My Results?
After your 3 laser treatment sessions, you will see results within 3 to 7 months. Some patients start seeing results after only 3 months. Other patients don’t see results until after 6 months have passed. The key is to be patient. You will get your results. In the meantime, feel free to continue your normal skincare routine. It is safe to use retinoids, acne medications, and chemical exfoliants while waiting for your results.
Introducing AviClear at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic!
Are you ready to say goodbye to your acne for good? Try AviClear acne laser treatment! Instead of treating existing acne, this procedure stops future acne from forming. A lifetime of clear skin is just one click away. Schedule a consultation today!