A breast augmentation with lift is one of the best procedures for revitalizing your figure. It is a quintessential part of the Mommy Makeover procedure. In addition to being suitable for women in their 30s, 40s, and 50s, it is also an option for women in their 20s who have naturally sagging breasts.
Does a Mastopexy Add Volume to the Breasts?
A mastopexy is a surgical procedure that is sometimes referred to as a breast lift. This procedure is not designed to add volume to the breasts. During a breast lift, a plastic surgeon removes excess skin from the breast and repositions the nipples. A breast lift may be beneficial for any woman whose nipples have ended up below the breast crease. Mastopexy plastic surgery does not change bra size, just the shape and positioning of the breasts. The ideal patient is a woman who experiences excess breast tissue, sagging, and who is done having children.
If you want perkier AND bigger breasts, you don’t have to have two completely separate surgeries to get it. Dr. Nadir Qazi and his team of board-certified plastic surgeons offer breast lift with augmentation. This single procedure gives women greater volume, while improving the positioning of the breasts.
3 Ways to Customize Your Breast Augmentation
Breast implants are everywhere! If you’re on Instagram or Facebook, you’ve probably scrolled past a few celebrity boob job gossip articles. However, what social media does not show you is just how easy it is to customize your breast augmentation. The breasts that pop in a celebrity’s red carpet dress are not usually the same breasts that you want to wear. But, no matter your goals, Qazi Cosmetic Clinic is here to help you get your desired look.
Most patients fixate on their implant size, but the truth is that there are so many more ways to customize your figure. When you get breast augmentation with a lift, you have a few choices when it comes to your implants:
1. The Material: Silicone vs. Saline vs. Gummy Bear
Material is a big deal. Your choice on this front will have a big impact on both the longevity and safety of your implants.
- Made with a silicone shell and a silicone gel.
- Considered the gold standard for performance.
- Limited for insertion methods because the implants are pre-filled.
- Made with a silicone shell and saline solution filling.
- Considered the gold standard for safety.
- Can be placed and then filled, so they require smaller incisions.
- May warp, wrinkle, or become visible through the skin over time.
- A type of silicone implant that uses cohesive silicone gel.
- One of the safest implants on the market due to the thickness of the filling gel.
- Shaped like a teardrop, so they mimic natural breast shape.
- Ideal for patients who want a natural look.
2. The Insertion Method
There are a few different ways that breast implants can be placed in your body. Most patients want their results to look as natural as possible with no skin disruptions. To achieve this goal, it is recommended that patients request a placement method that disguises the insertion point.
Under the Breast:
- Best for silicone and gummy bear implants.
- Plastic surgeons have the best control of placement
- Can be disruptive to the skin, even if the incision is hidden in the breast crease.
- Implants can safely be removed the same way they were placed, if necessary.
Through the Armpit:
- Ideal for minimizing skin disruptions.
- Nearly all types of implants can safely be inserted.
- The incision will be difficult to spot amid the texture of the armpit.
Via the Nipple:
- Best for saline implants because they are more flexible.
- The nipple can also be repositioned or resized at the same time.
- The nipple areola complexes are not damaged during the procedure.
- Ideal for breast augmentation with lift patients because the methods are the same.
Through the Belly Button:
- The best way to completely hide the insertion point.
- Only possible with saline implants because other types of implants are too large.
- Best for avoiding skin disruptions and maintaining a natural look.
- Plastic surgeons don’t have as much control during placement.
3. Implant Placement
Did you know that breast implants can be placed either above or below the chest muscles? While it is more common for women to request subglandular (over the muscle) implants, there are some benefits to submuscular implants.
Benefits of Submuscular Implants:
- Less risk of capsular contracture.
- The layer of muscle can prevent the implant from becoming visible through the skin.
- This option is best for women who have had mastectomies and don’t have as much chest tissue.
- The extra tissue can smooth out the shade of the implant, making it look more natural with your build.
Benefits of Subglandular Implants:
- Easier recovery than with submuscular implants.
- Less risk of implant deformity during exercise and when the pecs are flexed.
- Easier to place and there are more placement options for subglandular implants.
How Does Breast Augmentation With a Lift Work at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic?
When you get a breast lift and breast augmentation, both procedures are performed at once. First, one of the board-certified plastic surgeons on Dr. Qazi’s team will trim away the extra skin to reverse your sagging breasts. Next, they will reposition the nipple to its pre-breast feeding location. Finally, they will insert your implants. Breast lifts require incisions on the breasts.
If you have minimal sagging, a small incision at the crease of the breast is an option. For more significant sagging, the plastic surgeon will make an incision around the nipple and down the breast. Women with larger breasts can expect for the surgeon to make incisions around the nipple, down the breast, and along the crease. The good news is that your implants can be placed through these same incisions. Therefore, you will experience minimal skin disruption.
If you feel confused about the process behind breast augmentation with lift, you are not alone. All interested patients are encouraged to schedule a consultation at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic to get more information about the procedure.
During your consultation, there are 6 things that you can expect:
- Sharing your goals and concerns. Patients are encouraged to browse the Before and After galleries and to bring in photos that show how they want to look.
- Ask questions and get answers in easy to understand language.
- Dr. Qazi and his team will make a recommendation on the best procedure and method for you.
- If you decide that you are ready to book the procedure, you will take Before photos.
- You will also receive instructions for how to prepare.
- All patients are encouraged to bring a support person and to come ready with questions.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation?
The ideal candidate is a woman who is in good overall health and experiences significant sagging in the breasts. Women whose nipples point downward or whose nipples are located under the breast crease are good candidates for a mastopexy.
Additionally, all patients should be prepared for the rigors or the procedure and the recovery. This procedure is safe for patients of all ages as long as you are in good physical health. Breast augmentation with a lift is most popular among women in their 30s and 40s. It is common for women to be done having children and want their pre-baby bodies back.
During the consultation, Dr. Qazi and his team warn patients that they should only get a breast lift with augmentation if they are completely done having children. Pregnancy and breastfeeding can reverse the results of the breast lift. It can also be more difficult to breastfeed if you have gotten implants.
What to Expect for Breast Augmentation with Lift Recovery
The breast lift with augmentation recovery time is comparable to that of other cosmetic procedures. You can expect to be fully healed within 6 to 8 weeks. However, the recovery can be as long as 12 weeks for patients who are older, have additional health risks, or who got submuscular implants.
Here’s what to expect week by week:
- The first 48 hours will be the most uncomfortable. Patients report being groggy from the anesthesia, sore, bruised, swollen, and tired. Once someone drives you home from the hospital, they should stay with you until you feel like you can fend for yourself.
- After 48 hours, you can safely shower, but you must be gentle around the incisions.
- After week 1, you can remove the drains. You are also safe to return to work after 6-10 days.
- After week 2, you can resume some normal activities, like light exercise.
- For the first 3 weeks, you should be wearing your support bra 23 hours a day. After 3 weeks, you can start to wear it less and less.
- At 4 weeks, you can resume cardio, yoga, and other physical activities that do not put pressure on the chest. You should be cautious around saunas, hot tubs, and pools until your incisions are healed.
- After 5-6 weeks, you can resume chest exercises, including benching.
- After 6 weeks, your results will be mostly final. This is the end of your recovery time for breast lift with augmentation. You can now start shopping for new bras, dresses, and tops!
Enjoy All the Benefits of Breast Augmentation with Lift at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic!
Breast lift with augmentation is the perfect way to prepare for bikini season! Women who get the procedure report feeling more confident, more feminine, sexier, and more excited to dress up. Rejuvenating your breasts is a great way for moms to recapture your sensual side and turn back the clock on your figure.
If you want fuller, perkier breasts for 10-15 years to come, schedule a consultation at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic. Dr. Qazi works with experienced female board-certified plastic surgeons who specialize in shaping the feminine figure.