Immediately after your chemical peel you may notice a few of the following things:
Things to Avoid:
- Washing your face with hot water
- Touching, peeling, scratching, and scrubbing off the dry skin. This can cause scabbing and discoloration. Allow the dry skin to shed off naturally and only trim off the dead skin. DO NOT pull off the dry skin yourself.
- Applying makeup on the day the peel is performed and preferably for one week.
- Going in the sun without SPF50 Sunblock or a hat
- Going in a sauna or steam room for 10 days
- Using AHA, Retinols, Vitamin C, or oil based make-up for 10 days
- Facials, facial waxing, Glycolic or AHA peels, IPL or energy based treatments, microneedling, and microdermabrasion for three weeks after treatment.
- Exfoliating with chemical or physical exfoliators for 10 days.
- Leaving your hair down and having your hair touch your face. We recommend that you keep your hair tied back for the peeling process.
Do not apply any moisturizer, day cream, night cream, serum, eye cream within the first 7 days after your peel. This will disturb the natural peeling process and can alter your results.
There may be a small chance that a treatment may induce an outbreak of cold sores in patients with a previous history. If you get cold sores after a treatment, please contact us or your primary care physician for review.
Download the English instructions here: Medical Grade Chemical Peel Aftercare Instructions (English Version)
Download the Spanish instructions here: Medical Grade Chemical Peel Aftercare Instructions (Spanish Version)