FaceTite is an alternative to a surgical facelift because it tightens skin on the lower half of the face while removing excess fat. FaceTite is basically a combination of Renuvion and MicroLipo; it uses radiofrequency assisted liposuction (RFAL) to melt and vacuum out fat cells, while applying heat to the skin for a skin tightening effect.
Patients in Orange County love FaceTite because it has all the benefits of a surgical facelift with none of the downtime. FaceTite is also completely unique as the first non-invasive procedure that removes facial fat and tightens the skin.
FaceTite is more commonly used on the lower half of the face, including the jawline, cheeks, and chin. Some initial studies have concluded that FaceTite is also suitable for use on the neck. At this time, FaceTite is not suitable for other areas of the body. For body contouring, you should consider BodyTite – FaceTite’s sister procedure.
Who is a Good Candidate for a FaceTite Procedure?
The best candidate for a FaceTite procedure is anyone who is experiencing skin laxity on the lower half of their face, has developed jowls, has lost facial contour due to aging, and has developed extra fat pockets on the cheeks and chin.
Most people who get FaceTite are in their 40s, 50s, and early 60s; however, both younger and older people may benefit from this procedure if they want to say goodbye to their jowls.
The best way to learn if you are a good candidate for FaceTite is to schedule a consultation at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic.
During the consultation, you can discuss your goals and concerns with Dr. Nadir Qazi. He will also make a recommendation regarding which procedure will give you your desired results.
How is FaceTite Different From a Facelift?
Both a surgical facelift and a FaceTite procedure reduce facial fat, tighten the skin on the lower half of the face, and make you look younger. While these two procedures seem similar, there are several key differences that you should be aware of:
How invasive is the procedure?
FaceTite is a non-invasive, non-surgical procedure that does not require general anesthesia. After your FaceTite procedure, you will be safe to drive yourself home. Unlike a facelift, FaceTite is performed using only topical numbing cream or local anesthesia; there is no need for general anesthesia. FaceTite is also an affordable option in comparison to a typical facelift procedure.
How does the procedure work?
When you get a facelift, the medical team will put you under with general anesthesia and trim away the excess skin and fat from the lower half of your face. At the end of the procedure, the medical team will use stitches to pull the skin on the face tight.
FaceTite, on the other hand, works by liquifying fat cells under the skin with radiofrequency energy, then vacuuming out the cells. This has 2 results: first, the extra fat under the skin is gone so your face will look slimmer; second, the use of the radiofrequency heat causes the skin to constrict, resulting in tighter, firmer skin.
How long is the recovery?
After FaceTite, you can expect to be out of work for around 2 days – in some cases, it may be longer if you have a physically demanding or an appearance-based role. The recovery is quick and your skin will heal within a few weeks.
Because a facelift is more involved, you will need to take up to a week off of work in order to heal. It takes a few months for your face to be completely healed for you to see results.
Which procedure is right for me?
If you are considering a facelift or FaceTite, be sure to schedule a consultation with Dr. Qazi to discuss your options. Whether a facelift or FaceTite is right for you will depend on what you’re expecting for results. If you have severe facial sagging or a significant build up of facial fat, then Dr. Qazi may recommend a facelift instead of FaceTite. Generally, the FaceTite procedure is best for people who have mild to moderate facial sagging.
Because a facelift is surgical, the results will last much longer, usually 10-15 years. The results from FaceTite do not last as long as the results from a facelift. After FaceTite, you can expect to enjoy your results for up to 5 years.
How Does FaceTite Stack Up? The Pros & Cons of the Procedure
FaceTite is a procedure that combines MicroLipo and Renuvion into one. By performing both procedures at once, FaceTite is more efficient and effective than either procedure alone.
Benefits of FaceTite
The biggest benefit of FaceTite is that it has a nice trade off of great results vs. minimal downtime. Most patients who get the procedure take 2 days off work and have a total recovery time of 3-5 days. After a few days of recovery, they get to enjoy their results for several years. For comparison, surgical procedures require 4-6 weeks of recovery and up to a week off of work.
FaceTite is also more comfortable than other comparable procedures. Since it is performed under either topical numbing cream or local anesthesia, you will not feel pain for the duration of the treatment. After the procedure, it is normal for the treatment area to feel numb, so your discomfort during recovery will be minimal
Because FaceTite only uses small incisions, there will be no visible scars. These incisions are small and shallow enough that they should heal quickly, without leaving any lingering marks on the skin.
What to Expect When You Get FaceTite
- During your consultation, Dr. Qazi will make a personalized plan for your procedure and go over your goals and concerns with you. After the consultation, you will be able to schedule an appointment for your FaceTite procedure.
- When you schedule your FaceTite appointment, Dr. Qazi will give you personalized instruction for how to prepare for the procedure. Most patients are advised to keep their weight stable, quit smoking, and avoid taking both blood thinners and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- When you arrive for your FaceTite procedure, you will be taken into a comfortable treatment room. Dr. Qazi will either apply topical numbing cream or local anesthesia to the treatment area.
- It normally takes 30 minutes for the numbing cream or local anesthesia to kick in. Once your face is numb and you are comfortable, the procedure can begin.
- Dr. Qazi will make a small, strategic incision in the lower half of your face. This incision will be used to access the underlying tissues.
- A device will apply radiofrequency energy to the fat cells under the skin, which will melt them. At the same time, the RF energy will radiate through the layers of the skin; this causes the skin to tighten.
- A secondary tool, called a cannula, will be used to vacuum out the melted fat cells.
- At the end of the procedure, Dr. Qazi will apply a dressing to the incisions. Because the incisions are so shallow, there is no need for stitches.
- After the procedure, you can safely drive yourself home. However, it may be beneficial for you to have someone else drive you home. It can be helpful to have a support person around to take care of you; it can also be slightly challenging to drive yourself home with a compression wrap on. It is best to take a few days off work and relax.
For most patients, the topical numbing cream is enough to keep them comfortable during the procedure. The cream will make your face completely numb, so you will be unable to feel any discomfort. If you have additional concerns about pain and discomfort, Qazi Cosmetic Clinic now offers pro-nox, a diluted form of nitrous oxide like at the dentist, to help keep you comfortable.
The Recovery After FaceTite
After FaceTite, the best thing you can do for your health and appearance is to take it easy. Dr. Qazi recommends avoiding strenuous activity, including housekeeping, and being cautious when you wash your face or shower.
When you go home, you will be given a compression garment to wear over the treatment area. While compression garments are not terribly fashion-forward, it is very important that you wear yours as much as possible. The purpose of compression garments is to reduce swelling and make your recovery shorter.
Most patients take an average of 2 days off work. If you work as a model, news anchor, or in another appearance-based field, it may be best for you to take more time off until you heal. You should also take extra time off work if you have a physically demanding job.
Some swelling, bruising, and soreness is completely normal. Your face should begin to heal over the first week. Within 10-14 days, you will be able to see your initial results. You may notice that your face is slimmer, has greater contour, and that your skin looks more youthful.
When Will I See My Results After a FaceTite Procedure?
After you heal from the procedure, you will be able to see some initial results. One element of FaceTite is that the radiofrequency waves are designed to increase your body’s collagen production. Because collagen is the protein responsible for the texture and firmness of the skin, more collagen in your body means that your skin will look younger and more beautiful.
After your FaceTite procedure, you will see your final results within 3-6 months. After this time, your body will have reached peak collagen production.
FaceTite is not as long-lasting as a facelift. The results from FaceTite should last up to 5 years, depending on how well you take care of your skin. While this procedure can temporarily turn back the clock on your skin, it will not stop you from aging normally. The best way to maintain your results is to take good care of your skin, which means:
- Avoiding excessive sun exposure.
- Always wearing sunscreen and a hat when outdoors.
- If you are a smoker, you may want to quit smoking because it can prematurely age your face.
- Maintain a skin care routine that does not involve harsh chemicals.
- Stay hydrated and eat plenty of fruits and veggies.
- Avoid weight fluctuations. Both gaining and losing lots of weight will impact your results. This means no crash diets, no starving yourself, and no weird 30 day “wellness” challenges.
Time to Take Years Off Your Face!
If you are sick of looking in the mirror and feeling old, it’s time to throw out the facelift tape and try FaceTite. Schedule a consultation at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic to learn more about how FaceTite can transform you!