You can try to just quit eating potato chips –– though Lay’s famous slogan says, “Nobody can eat just one.” You can try to quit exercising regularly –– it’s the most commonly overturned New Year’s Resolution. But for our practice, maybe you should ask yourself, “Why can’t I quit Botox® after one treatment?” In reality, you should really be asking, “How many units of Botox do I need?”
Botox® Cosmetic (botulinum toxin) is a miraculous product. In 2000, it was introduced as an FDA-approved intramuscular preventative treatment for chronic migraine headaches here in the U.S.A.
Botox is known as the only FDA-approved prescription treatment to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines between your eyebrows, crow’s feet, and forehead lines look better in adults.
In fact, it’s so popular, Botox® has become the most common non-surgical cosmetic procedure worldwide, with nearly 6.3 million injections in 2019.
So Successful, After Botox… What’s Next?
If you have tried Botox® or Dysport® in the past and had excellent results, why would you want to stop?
You’ll typically notice optimal results within 7 to 14 days to notice that your wrinkles appear to have disappeared. And we don’t know anyone who likes looking older with tell-tale wrinkles in places where they can easily be treated.
How Long Does Botox Last?
Botox was introduced in the U.S. in 2002 to address frown lines. It, as well as Dysport, have become two of the world’s most popular injectables containing Botulinum Toxin A to successfully combat facial lines.
Today, Dr. Nadir Qazi at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic in Orange County, CA, prefers both of them, as well as Xeomin®, yet another injectable which is this neurotoxin’s purest form.
Botox can last from anywhere between three to six months, which answers the question we often hear, “how often can I get Botox injected?”.
Because every patient is different, this and much more will be discussed at your first consult with Dr. Qazi.
That’s why we recommend that you book your Botox treatment regularly –– such as every three to six months depending on your particular needs –– to maintain your youngest, freshest look face, as well as to prevent new wrinkles from forming.
How Many Units of Botox Do I Need?
This is another frequently asked question at Qazi Clinic. The answer is, “It depends…”
For example, it depends on how many areas of your forehead and crow’s feet may need to be addressed. It depends on how much movement you want to prevent in the areas around your frown lines. And it depends on what else you want done, such as helping to relieve TMJ symptoms and jaw pain, reduce chronic underarm sweating, or to slim your jawline.
Why Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin Work So Well on Wrinkles.
- All three have been FDA-approved for use here in the U.S.
- They are all very popular branded neurotoxins used by doctors as well as Med Spa clinics.
- Botox was the first FDA-approved prescription treatment to temporarily improve wrinkles in 1989 –– over 30 years ago. It is most popular as a non-surgical wrinkle reducer.
- Dysport first gained popularity in Europe before it was FDA-approval in 2009 in the U.S. It is typically used to soften and smooth wrinkles in your forehead for natural-looking results.
- Xeomin, with a generic name of incobotulinumtoxinA, is an injectable that was approved in 2010 in the U.S. for facial wrinkles, plus for a variety of other medical conditions, including blepharospasm (abnormal eye twitches), cervical dystonia (when your neck muscles involuntarily contract), upper limb spasticity (movement or twitches in your arms that you cannot control), and excessive salivation (excessive production of saliva, or drooling).
- Finally, Xeomin is specifically used by Dr. Qazi as the only clinically proven anti-wrinkle injection uniquely purified to remove unnecessary proteins.
How Long Does it Take for Botox to Reduce Wrinkles?
Time is one of life’s most precious commodities. Leo Tolstoy wrote, “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time” in War and Peace. William Penn said, “Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.” And jazz great Miles Davis articulated, “Time isn’t the main thing. It’s the only thing.”
In other words, to work their magic, Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin all take time. Each of these globally popular neurotoxins starts working immediately once they are injected into your forehead for wrinkles, around your mouth, near your crow’s feet, and other places.
Botox injections usually resolve themselves so results are best seen in about two weeks after your initial treatment to be fully absorbed by your body so it can work on your forehead and crow’s feet wrinkles.
This is not anyone’s fault –– the injectables or your body’s. There are a variety of reasons why Botox does not work in this time span. You may not have given it enough time, your body may have begun to develop a resistance to its proteins, you may need additional units to make it effective, or you may need a more precise injection by an expert.
Why Botox May Not Work.
After you ask yourself, “how often can I get Botox?” or “how long does Botox last?”, you may also ask yourself, “why may Botox not work on my forehead frown lines?”
As popular as Botox is today at Qazi Clinic and throughout the world, it does take some time to work its magic on anyone’s facial wrinkles. The same may also be said for most of the other procedures at our clinic that are listed near the end of this article.
However, when it fails to work, it is most often for several reasons:
- You may be anxious to see the results, but have not given it quite enough time to take effect.
- If you have received multiple treatments with Botox, your body may start to develop a resistance to its proteins by attacking the injected substance and developing some antibodies, though this is typically a rare circumstance.
- You may need a larger dosage of the injectable to account for the number of wrinkles and muscle tone needed for maximum effect, which partly answers the question, “How many units of Botox do I need?”
- You should rely on an experienced, board certified physician like Dr. Qazi specializing in minimally invasive cosmetic procedures vs. a physician who is not as experienced with Botox or Dysport injectables on a daily basis. In other words, you may not have been injected correctly by an injectable expert.
And What Are Typical Botox Results?
Again, to yield its most natural, yet most effective results, it will usually take about two weeks (14 days) after your treatment to show results.
At that time, Dr. Qazi can assess whether or not you will need further treatment to achieve your aesthetic goals in our Irvine, California office in Orange County. Because results can last for anywhere from three to six months, that’s how often you can get injections.
What Are Some Other Uses of Botox?
Other popular uses of Botox are as the first FDA-approved intramuscular preventative treatment for chronic migraine headaches in the U.S., as well as for reshaping your jaw, treating spasms in your muscles, and stopping excessive underarm sweating.
Some FAQs About Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin.
- What is Botox? As the first neurotoxin on the market globally, Botox became the brand name for Botulinum Toxin A, an extremely popular non-surgical wrinkle reducer.
- How long does Botox last? The effects from its injections typically last three to six months.
- How often can I get Botox? Because Botox can last for three to six months, you should schedule your appointments accordingly to make sure you’re not getting them too often or waiting too long so that your wrinkles become noticeable again.
- How many units of Botox do I need? We cannot provide an exact number of units until you have a consultation with Dr. Qazi to discuss your desires and assess your needs.
- Is anesthesia required? No anesthesia is required for either of these three neurotoxins.
- How long does a procedure take? Each procedure typically takes about 15 minute. In addition, there is no downtime afterwards and discomfort is usually minimal.
- Will I look younger after Botox? Yes, you should, because each prevents deep lines and wrinkles from forming, helps you look younger, and raises your self-esteem.
Can I Read Some Testimonials For Botox?
“I have to admit, I was interested in coming here because a friend shared Dr. Qazi’s Instagram page with me. For someone as popular as him, I am really surprised by how down-to-earth and authentic he comes across. He did a great job with threads on my face and I also had him do my smile lines, Botox, and lips. Everything really has come together remarkably well.”
– Alex D.
“I have been getting Botox injections for a long time, but I found that either the doctors would freeze my face too much and make me look really stiff, or they would just barely do anything and I would be disappointed in the results. Dr. Qazi though has been really exceptional in the way he does his injections. First of all, there is almost zero pain with the way he does it. It’s super comfortable and quick. Second, he does it in a way that just makes everything look less ‘harsh’ or ‘angry’. I literally would never go anywhere else now.”
– Agata R.
“We moved down from LA so I was looking for a new derm for Botox. I usually need it pretty regularly since I have a really strong forehead. Anyways, I ended up seeing Dr. Qazi. His office was being painted at the time but it’s super convenient and easy to park at. I ended up getting my usual dose of Botox and I also agreed to do some fillers on my face for the firsts time. He did my under eyes, cheek and jawline and did an amazing job. Kept everything very natural looking but it just looks great.”
– Steve L.
“After going to many med spas for Botox, I can say hands down Dr. Q is my new favorite! The office is clean and inviting. Staff is beautiful and very sweet. The placement and use of their product is the best I have ever had! No bruising or marks. Product kicked in after day 2 and looks very natural. Highly recommend Dr. Qazi. He is very knowledgeable and takes his time to help with what you are looking for.”
– Jennifer B.
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed.
What Other Minimally Invasive Procedures Are Available at Qazi Clinic?
Besides treatments that have you asking, “How often can I get Botox?”, we offer nearly two dozen procedures and treatments for your face and your body. Our most popular include the following:
- Airbrush Facial™
- Blemish Removal
- Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport
- Cortisone Shots
- Dermal Fillers
- Filler Correction with Hyaluronidase
- Lip Fillers
- Medical Grade Chemical Peels
- Microgold Facial for shrinking pores
- Non-Surgical Facelift
– PDO Thread Lift
– HD Lift
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
- Radiesse Facial and Body Filler
- Radiofrequency Microneedling
- Eye Fx™
- California Buttlift™
- Hair Fx™ – No Needle Next Generation PRP for Hair Loss
- Hand Restoration
- HD Sculpt
- Radiofrequency Microneedling
- Skin Tag Removal
- Vein Removal
Book Your Botox Appointment Today
If you want to have your forehead wrinkles virtually disappear and if you would like your Crow’s feet to take a walk, please contact our office here to schedule your initial consultation. Then, you can answer the questions, “How many units of Botox do I need” –– and “How long does Botox last?”