This time of year, it seems like everyone is trying to lose weight. It’s interwoven into the top five New Year’s Resolutions which typically include “exercise more”… “save money”… “eat more healthy foods”… “lose weight”… and “spend less time on social media”. But we are frequently asked to fulfill yet another resolution: “how to lose weight in your face fast”.
There are a variety of ways to accomplish this goal. Of course, you could drop a few pounds through a combination of diet, exercise, and changing the way that you think about food, which will make your face look thinner in a few weeks or less.
Or if you want quicker results without having to lose any weight, you could follow our recommendations for a quick, effective cosmetic face slimming treatment.
These include Botox, non-surgical facelift with threads for sagging skin, dermal fillers, buccal fat removal, liposuction, and MicroLipo™ procedures.
How Does Botox Help Facial Slimming?
Botox®, as well as Xeomin and Dysport are FDA-approved prescription medicines that are injected into facial muscles to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe forehead lines, crow’s feet, and frown lines between your eyebrows.
In Dr. Nadir Qazi’s skilled hands as an expert in non-surgical aesthetic procedures at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic in Newport Beach, California, he can achieve excellent results using Botox by treating wrinkles in your face and neck to make your face skinnier.
In addition, injecting the correct amount of Botox into the masseter muscle on either side of your jaw is a safe, predictable, and effective way to reduce the size and bulk of that muscle. By slowly reducing its size because it is unable to contract because of Botox, we can create a slimmer facial appearance for you.
This is also an ideal treatment for patients who grind, clench, and wear out their teeth, or who have frequent migraine headaches, or who are not happy with the shape of their face because of thick or square jaw lines.
When you get a Botox injection for jawline slimming, no anesthesia is required, an office visit typically only takes about 15 to 30 minutes, there is no downtime, and your discomfort is usually minimal.
How Do Non-Surgical Facelifts With Threads Work?
Sagging skin is a common sign of aging in your jowls and neck areas. If you want to have a cosmetic procedure that’s the equivalent of how to lose weight in your face fast, a non-surgical facelift with a PDO Thread Lift might be right for you.
Using surgical-quality, barbed microthreads, this face slimming treatment:
- Attaches threads to your skin’s tissue to stimulate collagen production
- Slightly pulls the remaining threads to lift sagging skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Keeps the threads in your skin for 4 to 6 months before they dissolve
- Slims and shapes your jawline
- Balances your chin, neck and jaw without traditional surgery
- Creates separation between your neck and jaw
- Tightens your skin
- Provides a more youthful overall look for a fraction of the cost of a traditional facelift.
Alternatively, the HD Lift at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic is our new, non-surgical gold standard for an aging face, which Dr. Qazi has perfected as an innovative technique to add volume and structure for how to make your face skinnier. This revolutionary facelift:
- Creates a naturally-appearing lift
- Contours your face
- Combines with fillers to support and enhance threads to lift your sagging skin
- Naturally builds collagen to help create a slimmer profile
- Yields immediate and remarkable results.
What Is a Dermal Filler Treatment for Facial Slimming?
Popular products such as Radiesse®, Juvederm® Voluma® or Sculptra® can all be effective as FDA-approved injectable fillers, as well as those that are composed of Hyaluronic Acid, a sugar complex that is found naturally in our bodies.
First of all, Dr. Qazi prefers Radiesse above other fillers because it was introduced to the U.S. in 2010 so it now has over a decade of proven results. After injection, it:
- Provides immediate volume and correction opportunities
- Contains Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHa) microspheres, which are a naturally occurring mineral form of calcium apatite
- Triggers your body to stimulate collagen production to make jaw wrinkles disappear
- Smooths and plumps the area around your jaw and chin
- Dissipates out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds in your face
- Offers beautiful results that can last up to two years
- Can also be used on your cheekbones, hands, and other areas of your body.
Furthermore, by injecting long-lasting fillers such as Radiesse into your cheek, you can give the perception that your face looks fuller, so your jawline looks correspondingly thinner.
What Is Buccal Fat Removal from Jowls?
Is your cheek area rounder or fuller than you desire? Do you want to put “your jowls on a diet”? Do you wish you could have a more V-shaped face?
Pads of buccal fat can make your face look rounder, especially in your lower cheeks. Dr. Qazi provides an in-office, non-invasive procedure for removing buccal fat you’re your jowls without liposuction for a face slimming treatment.
This procedure that is suitable for both men and women involves local anesthesia for:
- Carefully making small incisions inside your cheeks into your buccal fat pads
- Removing some of the stubborn fat in your cheeks
- Creating a slimmer area in your jowls
- Providing a chiseled jawline and a thinner-looking face
- Seeing results in as soon as a few days
- Recovering in about one week from the non-invasive surgery.
What Is MicroLipo With Renuvion®?
Another option for how to lose weight in your face fast is a minimally invasive liposuction procedure.
When compared to more invasive procedures, Renuvion applies radiofrequency (RF) energy and helium plasma, providing:
- A quicker way to remove stubborn fat from your neck, chin, cheeks, lips, and other parts of your body without invasive surgery or extended downtime
- Uses internal heating to quickly and gently achieve the optimal temperature to control coagulation and contract the soft tissue beneath your skin
- Cools down in less than one second
- Enables better results with better control and precision in less time.
How Does MicroLipo™ Remove Fat From Your Jaw Area?
Last, but certainly not least, MicroLipo is a trademarked procedure at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic that can be used to remove fat from your jaw area or between your jaw and neck.
This innovative, mini-liposuction treatment for neck and chin skin tightening that results in facial slimming:
- Removes fat from your double chin by breaking apart the fat and suctioning it out
- Inserts a medical-grade SmartLipo laser to instantly melt away fat cells inside your skin
- Is a one-time treatment vs. many sessions for Kybella or other treatments
- Requires minimal downtime so you can return to your active life in a few days
- Provides visible results after only one tightening procedure by removing your double chin
- Offers permanent results with a combination of both skin tightening and fat burning
- Is safe for any age and any skin type
Are There Any Side Effects?
Side effects are rare for injections of FDA-approved prescription medicines like Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin. But after any neurotoxin treatment, you may notice one or more of the following conditions:
- Red puncture marks
For PDO Thread Lifts, there is minimal pain and minimal downtime for a treatment equal to how to lose weight in your face fast.
For Buccal Fat Removal from Jowls, there may be some swelling and tenderness at the sites of the incisions inside your mouth.
For Liposuction and MicroLipo, it is common for skin to bruise and some swelling may occur over the first three days. But if you apply ice packs, any bruising, swelling, or redness will dissipate after a few days. Also, though skin discoloration, scarring, and numbness are rare, they may also occur.
What Results Can You Expect From Slimming Your Jaw?
Depending on the area being treated, Botox / Xeomin / Dysport results can be amazing, especially when you look at your “before” and “after” photos for how to make your face skinnier. Results typically take approximately two weeks after your initial treatment and can last up to six months for each of these injectables. Because of this, we recommend follow-up visits to maintain an optimally skinny jawline.
For Thread Lifts, results are seen by many patients immediately; however, because it takes time for collagen to build, typical results are seen in about three months.
For Radiesse®, Juvederm® Voluma® or Sculptra®, you can typically notice full and natural results instantly after just one treatment, which can last up to 12 months.
For Buccal Fat Removal from Jowls, you can see results in as little as a few days.
For Liposuction and MicroLipo, you can also usually see full results instantly, though Dr. Qazi will tell you that you can expect optimal results after three to six months after healthy collagen forms to firm your chin and neck.
What is the Cost for Slimming Your Jaw?
The cost for any non-invasive cosmetic procedure at Qazi Clinic depends on the number of appointments, as well as the number of vials of the injectables or dermal fillers that you may need to achieve optimal results for a slimmer or more defined jaw. All of this will be discussed at your initial consultation.
Aftercare Instructions for A Face Slimming Treatment.
Dr. Qazi, the founder of Qazi Cosmetic Clinic, takes the time to meet with each patient to discuss treatment options –––– before, during, and especially after a procedure that is quicker and easier than exercises for how to lose weight in your face.
This is particularly important after a neurotoxin treatment where it is typical to notice some swelling, bruising, red puncture marks, asymmetry, soreness, or even itchiness.
Please note that any of these post-injection issues are all common and should resolve themselves in the next few days up to a week or longer, as your final results will usually be seen about two weeks after your treatment.
At that point in time, we can assess whether or not you may need a further facial slimming treatment to achieve your aesthetic goals in our Irvine, California office.
What to avoid after Botox injections:
- Please do not touch your face for at least six hours; however, you can then use water and a gentle cleanser.
- Do not engage in vigorous physical activity for 12 hours.
- Do not put pressure on the treated area by sleeping on your face or performing any exercises.
- Do not use a steam room or sauna for at least 14 days.
- Do not use AHA, Retinols, Vitamin C, or oil-based make-up for 3 days.
- Do not wash your face with hot water for 3 days.
- Do not exfoliate your incision site for 5 days.
- Do not consume alcohol, coffee, or fish oil for 2 days.
What to take for pain relief after a face slimming
- We recommend Tylenol (Acetaminophen) for any discomfort; but you should avoid Ibuprofen or Naproxen for the first 3 days after your procedure.
- Avoid NSAIDS and other blood thinners which can lead to increased bruising.
What to do about bruising and swelling:
- If you have gotten a treatment for how to lose weight in your face fast and you do experience some bruising and swelling, which is typical, you can apply a cool compress or arnica gel.
What to avoid after non-surgical facelift with threads or buccal fat removal:
- You may have some swelling or bruising after treatment, so we recommend an ice pack.
- We also recommend not to schedule any special events within 14 days of your treatment.
What to avoid after dermal fillers:
- If swelling should occur, you should use an ice pack.
- Also, do not book any important events for 3 to 6 days after the procedure, avoid alcohol, and do not take certain medications.
What to avoid after liposuction and MicroLipo procedures:
- For these facial slimming procedures, you may notice some bruising, swelling, and tenderness where the liposuction was performed, which are all common and should resolve themselves over a few days to a week.
- Using a lightweight cold compress or ice wrapped in a towel can provide relief.
- Do not exercise vigorously over the next 24 to 48 hours.
- Also, avoid the sun, heat, tanning beds, saunas, massages, and extreme cold.
Follow-up appointment for a slimmer-looking face:
- Dr. Qazi at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic will review the results of your Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin injections 2 to 4 weeks after your appointment; an earlier appointment will not enable the neurotoxin enough time to fully activate for optimal results for a look that mirrors how to lose weight in your face fast.
What Are Some Testimonials For a Face Slimming Treatment?
“I have to admit, I was interested in coming here because a friend shared Dr. Qazi’s Instagram page with me. For someone as popular as him, I am really surprised by how down-to-earth and authentic he comes across. He did a great job with threads on my face and I also had him do my smile lines, Botox, and lips. Everything really has come together remarkably well.”
– Alex D.
“I have been getting Botox injections for a long time, but I found that either the doctors would freeze my face too much and make me look really stiff, or they would just barely do anything and I would be disappointed in the results. Dr. Qazi though has been really exceptional in the way he does his injections. First of all, there is almost zero pain with the way he does it. It’s super comfortable and quick. Second, he does it in a way that just makes everything look less ‘harsh’ or ‘angry’. I literally would never go anywhere else now.”
– Agata R.
“Absolutely loved my experience here with Dr. Qazi and his staff. My appointment was for HD Lift / PDO Threads and Juvederm for my lips. In the beginning of the consult, Dr. Qazi was very thorough and took the time to listen to my concerns.
– Daisy. P.
Book Your Appointment Today
If you want to lose weight in your face without having to eat energy bars that taste like cardboard, run five miles a day, or even give up all the foods you love, please contact our office here to schedule your initial consultation for facial slimming.