What’s worse? Acne in your teens and twenties, or acne scars that are visible every time you look in the mirror for the rest of your life? Neither one is preferable and either one can have long-term effects on your self-esteem. That’s why Qazi Cosmetic Clinic offers collagen filler, laser for acne scars, as well as its best laser treatment for acne.
What Are Acne Scars and How Can They Be Treated?
This is how the renowned Cleveland Clinic categorizes acne scars:
“Acne scars on the face, chest and back are very common. Some 80% of people between ages 11 and 30 will get acne, and one out of five of those people will develop scars. Reducing the scars requires treatment either over-the-counter medications or one or more procedures performed by a dermatologist.”
What Types of Acne Scars Are There?
While you may not notice much difference, there are four different types of scars that would respond well to the best laser treatment for acne scars. Three are atrophic or depressed scarring and one is hypertrophic or keloid scarring), though some unfortunate people can have all of these:
- Ice Pick scars: One type of atrophic scarring is best known as “ice pick” scars, because they’re narrow, deep sharp, and extend vertically into your skin. They typically represent about 60% to 70% of all acne scars and can be seen on your forehead and upper cheeks where skin can be a bit thinner.
- Boxcar scars: Next, these types of scars comprise 20% to 30% of all acne scars. They are round to oval with sharply vertical edges. They can be deep or shallow. They are clinically wider than icepick scars. And can have a “U” shape. They are most common on your lower cheeks and jaw.
- Rolling scars: Third, “rolling” scars can account for another 15% to 25% of atrophic scars. These occur from dermal tethering, which means they are connected to your lower skin layers, and have an undulating appearance on your skin with an “M” shape. They are usually wider than 4 to 5 mm and may appear on your lower cheeks and jaw.
- Hypertrophic scars or keloid scars: Finally, there scars are typically pink, raised and firm; while keloids are reddish-purpose papules. Both are most common in people with darker skin.
What Would I Need Laser for Acne Scars?
The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery defines acne scars as “…usually the result of inflamed blemishes by skin pores engorged with excess oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria. The pore swells, causing a break in the follicle wall. Shallow lesions are usually minor and heal quickly. But if there is a deep break in the wall of the pore, infected material can spill out into the surrounding tissue, creating deeper lesions. The skin attempts to repair these lesions by forming new collagen fibers. These repairs usually aren’t as smooth and flawless as the original skin.”
So if your skin now has an uneven texture instead of being smooth, and is marked by various lesions, you may need the help of a collagen filler or laser treatment for acne scars.
Fortunately, Dr. Nadir Qazi, the founder of Qazi Cosmetic Clinic, is an expert at removing and repairing imperfections in your skin from acne scarring. For these problems, he offers medical grade chemical peels, acne laser treatments, radiofrequency microneedling for your face and body, or a combination of any of these procedures for atrophic scars.
What Types of Acne That Cause Acne Scars Does Dr. Qazi Treat?
Dr. Qazi treats the following types of acne to provide your skin with its normal glow with the best laser treatment for acne:
- Keloid scars
- Active acne outbreaks
- Aging skin
- Cystic pimples
- Fine lines
- Ingrown hairs
- Large pores
- And sun damage
Chemical Peels Are Clinically Proven to Work.
For all of these skin conditions, we recommend a combination of skin-soothing, skin-repairing treatments such as medical grade chemical peels.
Dr. Qazi and you will discuss this type of treatment during your initial consultation to meet your skin’s specific needs. Through years of physician training and procedures at his cosmetic clinic, Dr. Qazi knows that this level of chemical peel is much more effective than one performed by a nurse or an esthetician.
This particular chemical penetrates into your skin to help fade mild acne scars, as well as melasma, sun damage, discoloration, fine lines, and/or wrinkles. It is a very popular peel, is safe for all skin types, and has minimal downtime. Optimal results usually require a few sessions.
Another popular option for acne scar chemical peel is TCA CROSS. TCA is an abbreviation for “trichloroacetic acid”, while CROSS is short for “chemical reconstruction of skin scars”. This is a safe, cost-effective, and minimally invasive procedure for ice pick acne scars that uses a chemical mixture of a variety of strengths to clear away dead skin cells to stimulate newer, smoother skin growth below it.
Repair Your Scars With Prescribed Oral or Topical Medications
Qazi Cosmetic Clinic also offers you a choice of prescribed medications or prescription plans for oral or topical options that can help you prevent acne, control your acne, avoid scarring, and maintain clear, healthy skin.
Oral medications for acne typically include:
- Antibiotics to help eliminate skin bacteria, reduce redness, and minimize inflammation for patients with moderate to severe acne.
- FDA-approved oral contraceptives for women who want to combine a pill with pregestin and estrogen to prevent pregnancy as she combats acne.
- Anti-androgen agents block the hormones in oil-producing glands.
- Isotretinoin, a derivative of Vitamin A, for anyone with moderate to severe acne.
Topical medications may include:
- Retinoids and retinoid-like drugs such as creams, gels, and lotions that are often useful against moderate acne.
- Azelaic acid, which is a naturally occurring acid with antibacterial properties to treat conventional acne.
- Salicylic acid which can help prevent plugged hair follicles.
- Dapsone gel which we recommend for inflammatory acne.
Subcision Treatments for Acne Scars.
A simple, safe, in-office procedure for treatment of depressed acne scars and wrinkles is called subcision, medically known as “subcutaneous incisionless surgery”.
Performed under local anesthesia with a special hypodermic needle that’s inserted through your skin’s surface, subcision can provide significant long-term improvement to acne scars and can be combined with other Qazi Cosmetic Clinic treatments.
Our Newest Laser Treatments Also Remove Acne Scars.
Our best laser treatment for acne, as well as our best laser treatment for acne scars, according to many patients, is the Eraser Laser Treatment. Why? Because it can literally –– and without any pain –– zap away your active acne or your acne scars on your cheeks or forehead.
This laser for acne scars treatment may require several to as many as six sessions to obtain their optimal results, but many patients are noticing a 20% improvement after their first laser session.
Microneedling For Maximum Acne Scar Results.
Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling is yet another safe, minimally invasive procedure that Qazi Cosmetic Clinic offers you. It delivers heated energy beneath multiple layers of your skin that can directly stimulate your own natural collagen (protein) production.
This treatment offers results of zero to minimal downtime. It can be especially helpful for patients of all skin types who have acne scars, visibly large pores, sun damage, dark spots, fine lines, even stretch marks.
Why Should You Consider Collagen Filler to Treat Acne Scars?
This specific type of filler, especially Bellafill, can provide breakthrough results to treat acne scars. In fact, it’s the only long-term filler FDA-approved to treat distensible acne scars for up to one year, and it currently has a 90% patient satisfaction rating.
Dr. Qazi recommends it for his patients because this particular product, compared to temporary fillers, creates a lasting improvement in your skin.
In fact, it’s actually the only dermal filler that can stimulate collagen growth over time to help you maintain a younger-looking face:
- Without having to spend money for five years on cosmetic procedures to minimize your laugh lines
- Without having to schedule frequent any more collagen injections
- With natural looking results that will last for years
- With results that start working immediately
- With a filler that adds volume to your face
- With an impressive track record of 83% patient satisfaction after five years
What Are The Results of Laser for Acne Scars?
The results of the variety of our best laser treatment for acne include:
- Medical-Grade Chemical Peels can help fade mild acne scars within a week. But with customized treatments, they can also fight your active acne and reduce future flare ups. Any redness or flaking should stop after about 7 days to reveal new, healthy-looking skin.
- Prescribed Oral or Topical Medications can result in controlling your acne, avoiding scars, or making your scars less noticeable.
- RF Microneedling can reduce your acne scars, shrink larger pores, repair sun damage, dissipate dark spots, smooth fine lines, and minimize stretch marks. This particular treatment can show immediate results for some patients, but new collagen typically can take about three months to build, and your results should last approximately three to six months.
- Collagen filler like the FDA-approved Bellafill can offer results that can last for up to five years or more, so compare that to our best laser treatment for acne scars when considering your choices.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Any of These Treatments?
Regardless of your age, gender, or skin tone, and regardless if you’re pregnant or not, just about anyone with active acne, fine lines, or acne scars can benefit from any of these laser, microneedling, or collagen treatments.
As with any of our cosmetic treatments, your initial consultation with Dr. Qazi will determine which particular treatment or combination will work best for your skin.
Are Any of These Procedures Painful?
Our medical-grade chemical peels are virtually painless, so you may only feel a tingling sensation while in our office.
Our RF Microneedling treatment is typically quite comfortable. We provide a topical medical-grade numbing medication before starting this procedure, which most patients describe as feeling a light pressure with an occasional spark feeling.
Our Subcision Treatment and our Collagen Fillers are both not painful at all because patients are provided with a topical medical-grade local numbing agent prior to procedures.
What Should You Do Prior to Your Laser for Acne Scars Appointment?
As with other treatments at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic, we recommend that our patients avoid wearing makeup on the day of your procedure, but our office specialists can also remove any make-up for you.
If you have been taking Accutane to treat acne within the last three months, or if you are having an active herpes outbreak, you should avoid any chemical peels.
For any collagen filler, chemical peel, or RF Microneedling, you should not wax, shave, or thread your face on the day of your procedure.
Should you have any concerns about these particular procedures, please discuss them with Dr. Qazi during your first office visit.
Are There Any Side Effects for an Acne Scar Treatment?
There are typically no side effects for any of these specific treatments. However, you may experience the following temporary reactions:
- Blotchy skin
- Post-facial breakouts
- Redness and irritation
Are There Any Aftercare Instructions for These Treatments?
Dr. Qazi takes the time to meet with each and every patient to discuss your individual treatment options –– before, during, and especially after any of your procedures.
There are no aftercare instructions, but we would not recommend going into a steam or sauna after an acne scar procedure, and would also recommend avoiding facials or waxing the treated area the same day. It is also essential to wear sunscreen diligently after your treatment.
Are These Treatments Safe For My Skin Tone?
Yes, patients with any skin tone and with any type of skin can all benefit from these types of treatments. After all, each is customized and safe for your skin tone and type.
What Does The Best Laser Treatment for Acne Cost?
At Qazi Cosmetic Clinic, the cost for any non-invasive cosmetic procedure depends on your particular needs and what your desired results may be. This will all be discussed at your initial consultation with Dr. Qazi.
Can I Read Some Testimonials About The Best Laser Treatment for Acne Scars?*
Our first priority with each and every patient is his or her satisfaction, especially for acne scar treatments. Here are some recent testimonials about various treatments…
“I have struggled with large pores and some acne breakouts for years and have been referred to some of the best dermatologists for this. Some medications and creams that I have been placed on would see to help for a short period, but I still had oily skin and large pores. And then when I tried increasing the doses for the creams, my skin became really irritated and red. Needless to say, I was looking for some additional options, so I went to Dr. Qazi. He placed me on some medications but also did a series of lasers with microneedlings which really seemed to help the most. My skin is not only clearer now, it is also a lot less oily and I can comfortably go out without any makeup now. I definitely recommend going to him and I will be back for other treatments in the future.”
“Amazing experience with his vitamin Skin Peel. Gave super clear instructions, was very helpful during the entire procedure and also with after care treatment. My skin has never been clearer and my acne scars have faded greatly.”
“I went to Dr. Qazi for three eraser laser sessions to help minimize my large pores around my nose/cheek area and I saw a big difference just after my first session as well as my smaller acne scars fading. Dr. Qazi and the staff are so kind and welcoming, I had never done a treatment like this before so I was a little nervous, but they answered all the questions I had and made me really comfortable while I was there. I also really liked how clean the office is, during times like these especially! I would definitely recommend going to Dr. Qazi for your skincare needs.”
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed.
What Are Other Acne and Acne Scar Treatments Are Available at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic?
Besides our best laser treatment for acne scars, Qazi Cosmetic Clinic offers you a variety of procedures and treatments for your face and body. Our most popular include:
- Blemish Removal
- Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport
- Cortisone Shots
- Dermal Fillers
- Filler Correction with Hyaluronidase
- Lip Fillers
- Medical Grade Chemical Peels
- Non-Surgical Facelift
– PDO Thread Lift
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
- Radiofrequency Microneedling
- Eye Fx™
- California Buttlift™
- Hair Fx™ – No Needle Next Generation PRP for Hair Loss
- Hand Restoration
- HD Sculpt
- Radiofrequency Microneedling
- Skin Tag Removal
- Vein Removal
Book Your Appointment Today for Laser for Acne Scars.
To learn more about the best laser treatment for acne or collagen filler for acne scars, please contact our office to schedule your initial consultation here in our Irvine, California offices.