Morpheus8 Treatments – Everything You Need to Know
Morpheus8 treatments are on the rise as a go-to non-invasive procedure that can improve skin texture, tighten sagging skin, and slim the face.
Here is everything you need to know about this popular treatment:
What is Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation and resurfacing procedure that utilizes tiny needles to deliver radiofrequency energy to the skin. The procedure is very similar to RF microneedling, but Morpheus8 treatments are more powerful and more effective at treating a wider range of cosmetic concerns.
Dr. Nadir Qazi at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic recommends Morpheus8 treatments to patients who want a procedure that is more effective than RF microneedling and less invasive than Renuvion for skin tightening. Morpheus8 married two popular, effective treatments into one.
The technology behind Morpheus8 is FDA-approved and means tested for a variety of different cosmetic concerns. Patients in Orange County, CA love this procedure because there is nearly no downtime and the results speak for themselves.
What Does Morpheus8 Do?
The mechanism behind this treatment is very similar to other skin resurfacing and rejuvenation procedures. The Morpheus8 device uses small needles to strategically penetrate the skin, resulting in micro-wounds. The device then applies radiofrequency energy to the deepest layers of the skin.
Some patients may be concerned at the phrase “micro-wounds” as it applies to their skin; however, it is nothing to worry about. Causing small, strategic damage to the skin is a very common method for skin rejuvenation. It works like this: when the skin is lightly damaged, the body will jump into action to heal. This means producing more elastin and collagen, as well as healing existing cosmetic concerns, such as acne scars and wrinkles.
The second element of Morpheus8 treatments is the use of RF waves. RF waves are used in other cosmetic procedures, such as RF microneedling. RF waves have healing properties because the use of heat will naturally cause the skin to constrict, which tightens the skin naturally. When applied to the deepest layers of the skin, RF waves will also promote collagen production to improve skin texture.
What Does Morpheus8 Treat?
Morpheus8 is effective at reducing the appearance of several common cosmetic concerns, including:
- Bags under the eyes
- Acne scars
- Frown lines and marionette lines
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Stretch marks
- Enlarged pores
- Loose skin on the body
- Crepey skin on the hands
- Loose skin on the neck
Dr. Qazi most often treats the face and neck on patients who request Morpheus8; however, several other areas of the body can also be treated with the Morpheus8 device:
Whereas RF microneedling is increasingly popular in younger adults, Morpheus8 is best for middle aged adults who are starting to notice signs of aging. This procedure is non-invasive and it will work wonders for your skin that you wouldn’t be able to achieve with expensive creams alone.
Morpheus8 is also ideal for treating signs of aging in the body, as well as the face. Not only can Morpheus8 tighten skin on the arms, neck, hands, and knees, it can also reduce the appearance of a double chin caused by sagging skin. Many women come to Qazi Cosmetic Clinic for Morpheus8 treatments because the procedure is able to treat stretch marks on the butt, thighs, and abdomen.
Morpheus8 is suitable for all skin types and skin tones. Morpheus8 is perfectly safe for darker skin tones, with no risk of skin damage or hyperpigmentation.
Who is a Good Candidate For Morpheus8 Treatments?
Because Morpheus8 is so safe and non-invasive, it is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their overall appearance and increase their confidence. The only people who should not get Morpheus8 is anyone who currently has active acne, a blood clotting disorder, or other serious medical conditions.
While the procedure is very effective for acne scars, it should be avoided if you have active acne. This is because the Morpheus8 device may spread bacteria from your pustules to other areas of your face, which would result in further breakouts. However, once your skin is free of active breakouts, you can absolutely schedule your Morpheus8 procedure!
The best way to find out if Morpheus8 is right for you is to schedule a consultation at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic. When you meet with Dr. Qazi, he will evaluate the degree of your cosmetic concerns, your goals, and what you need out of a procedure.
In some cases, Dr. Qazi may recommend a different procedure, which would more effectively help you meet your goals. For example, if your marionette lines are too deep to be treated with Morpheus8, Dr. Qazi may suggest either a surgical or non-surgical facelift instead. Additionally, if the cause of your double chin is due to extra fat pockets or is too severe for Morpheus8, Dr. Qazi may recommend either Kybella or MicroLipo instead.
In general, when you consider cosmetic procedures, there are 3 things that you should take into consideration:
- Your comfort level and pain tolerance. Dr. Qazi always offers patients topical numbing cream or pro-nox before lengthy cosmetic procedures, which can help ease discomfort.
- How long until you see the results. Because most non-invasive procedures boost your collagen production, you will need to wait several months before your full results will be visible. If there is an important event that you want to look your best for, it is best to schedule your procedure several months out to give your body enough time to heal and create more collagen.
- Is it the best procedure for the look you want? In the world of cosmetic procedures, there are many ways to achieve your goals. While some procedures may give you your desired results, there may be a more effective alternative that will work better for you.
How is Morpheus8 Different From RF Microneedling?
Morpheus8 is a device that uses tiny needles to make micro punctures in the skin, then applies radiofrequency waves to the layers of the skin. If you read that and immediately went, “wait, isn’t that the same thing as RF microneedling?” You are absolutely right, they are extremely similar procedures.
RF microneedling and Morpheus8 use radiofrequency waves and devices that make small punctures in the skin. However, there are a few key differences between these two procedures:
- The Morpheus8 device is more advanced than the RF microneedling device because it offers greater customization, can penetrate into the skin deeper, and has more options for settings.
- Morpheus8 treatments can treat a wider range of cosmetic concerns than RF microneedling alone. Both procedures are effective for treating hyperpigmentation, sun damage, fine lines, and acne scars. However, Morpheus8 goes a step further to treat jowls, facial roundness, and stretch marks.
- In addition to resurfacing the skin, the Morpheus8 device also tightens the skin when it applies heat and RF waves. In this function, Morpheus8 is actually very similar to Renuvion: when heat is applied to the layers of the skin, it will naturally cause the skin to tighten, thereby reducing sagging.
- The Morpheus8 device is simply more powerful than the RF microneedling device. If a patient receives this treatment with the device on the highest setting, they will likely need local anesthesia. In comparison, patients normally only require topical numbing cream for RF microneedling.
- Morpheus8 is also suitable for treating a wider range of cosmetic concerns on the body. The procedure can reduce stretch marks and cellulite on the thighs, butt, and abdomen. It can also treat crepey skin on the hands, arms, legs, and neck.
- RF microneedling is only designed as a skin resurfacing procedure, so it can treat skin-level cosmetic concerns. Morpheus8, on the other hand, works at both the skin level and beyond. The device can help contour your face and your neck for an overall improved appearance, in addition to better skin quality.
The best way to conceptualize the Morpheus8 vs RF microneedling difference is to think of it like levels in the Matrix. Morpheus8 is like a more evolved and leveled up version of RF microneedling. This does not mean that RF microneedling is not useful, just that Morpheus8 offers more options and treatments.
What You Need to Know About Morpheus8 Treatments in Newport Beach, CA
How to Prepare
Because Morpheus8 is non-invasive, preparing for the procedure is fairly easy. You must avoid skin irritants, sun exposure, and skin care products like retinol or tretinoin for 2-3 days before the procedure.
About the Procedure
The Morpheus8 device can be mildly uncomfortable because it involves making small punctures into the skin. For the procedure, you will not need a red pill or a blue pill; topical numbing cream is normally adequate to keep you comfortable. If you have additional pain-related concerns, you may request pro-nox to help keep you calm. Local anesthesia is not required for most patients.
The numbing cream normally takes about 30 minutes to kick in. Once you are unable to feel your face, Dr. Qazi will begin applying the device to the treatment area. Most procedures take between 15 and 60 minutes depending on how big of an area is being treated.
While you are undergoing your treatments, you can expect to feel pressure from the device, but no pain. The numbing cream normally takes a few hours to wear off, so is it best if you don’t schedule any dates or presentations after the procedure.
After the Procedure
Unlike surgical procedures, Morpheus8 does not have downtime. For the first 1-3 days, you should expect to experience some redness, slight swelling, and possible itchiness. You won’t look like a tomato, but you will look like you got a moderate sunburn.
For the first 24 hours, it is very important that you do not apply anything to your face unless Dr. Qazi gives you a specific product or instructions. Certain skin care products will be too harsh for your skin until it heals. Dr. Qazi may send patients open with a gel-like ointment that acts as an antibacterial agent, or he may instruct them to use certain products that will enhance the results.
You should avoid excessive sun exposure for a few days after the procedure. If you are out in the sun, be sure to wear a hat and sunscreen.
After the redness subsides, you will see some initial results within the first 3 weeks. You may notice slight softening of lines, general skin tightening, and reduced acne scarring. However, it will probably take additional treatments and several months for your body to produce enough collagen for you to see significant results.
How Many Morpheus8 Treatments Do I Need to See Results?
Most patients require 3-4 treatments that are spaced 3-6 weeks apart to see their desired results. It is very common for non-invasive procedures to require multiple sessions.
One benefit of multiple sessions is that it allows you to see incremental progress, which makes your transformation more gradual and more natural looking. It also allows you and Dr. Qazi to evaluate your results and adjust the game plan accordingly.
Learn More About Morpheus8 in Newport Beach, CA!
This article can only show you the door, you’re the one who has to walk through it. If you are interested in this treatment, schedule a consultation at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic today! All consultations with Dr. Qazi some with no obligations and no pressure to book if you change your mind.