Life & Style Magazine reports that among the top 5 most requested procedures this summer, non-invasive treatments like RF microneedling and natural cheek fillers are blowing up. Not only are these procedures more natural looking and affordable, they also involve minimal downtime, allowing you to quickly get back to your summer activities.
Want to give your face a quick refresher? Qazi Cosmetic Clinic in Orange County is now accepting new patients! No matter what your aesthetic goals, our team can help! Schedule a consultation to learn more.
What Are Natural Cheek Fillers?
Also called dermal fillers, natural cheek fillers are FDA-approved sugar complexes, which can be injected into the cheeks in order to create natural-looking lift. These fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, which is a type of sugar that is naturally found in our bodies. Because the fillers are made from natural materials, they are perfectly safe, highly effective, and will dissolve on their own after 12 months.
Natural cheek fillers also have an additional benefit. When you get fillers at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic, they work in two ways. First, the fillers create volume in the cheeks upon injection. This lifts the cheeks, smooths out wrinkles, and provides instant facial definition. Second, over time the fillers boost your body’s production of collagen – the protein responsible for skin texture and elasticity. This means that the texture of your skin will improve months after you get your cheek fillers.
Many of our patients at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic love their cheek fillers. Here’s why:
- The procedure is super fast and painless! Even if you are afraid of needles, you will find that you have nothing to worry about. Dr. Qazi uses small needles to inject the filler; you will barely feel them going in. You will also have the option of receiving numbing cream to keep you comfortable. You can expect the procedure to last about 30 minutes, after which you are safe to drive yourself home and to go about the rest of your day as normal.
- The results look completely natural. Whether you want to post more makeup free selfies or feel like a million bucks while going about your day to day, fillers are the way to go. Not only are fillers a natural and dissolvable substance, they also produce completely natural looking results. You will still look like yourself, but your friends may comment on how you seem more confident or how your contour looks especially stunning today.
- Fillers are easily correctable if you don’t like your new look. We’ve all been there: standing in a dressing room, asking yourself “is this me?” Sometimes things may be in style, but it simply isn’t you. If you get natural cheek fillers and decide that you liked your previous look better, it is easy to go back. You essentially have two options: wait 12 months for the fillers to dissolve or get filler correction with Hyaluronidase.
- No toxins, implants, or plastics! Many of us are trying to live reduced waste and plastic-free lives; you didn’t swap out your toothbrush for a bamboo one just to have a bunch of synthetic substances injected into your face. Natural cheek fillers are the way to put your money where your mouth is when it comes to living a natural lifestyle. Unlike Botox and facial implants, cheek fillers use natural sugars to improve your skin. This means you won’t have any neurotoxins or silicone under your skin.
- No downtime! If you have seen Flack on Amazon Video, you might be expecting to look like Rocky Balboa the day after a cosmetic procedure. Don’t worry! When you get non-invasive treatments like natural cheek fillers, there is no recovery time, excessive bruising, or need to hide from the world for several weeks. In fact, you are safe to drive yourself home from the appointment and to go about the rest of your day. While some swelling can occur, it will be very minimal and easy to manage with an ice pack.
What Can Natural Cheek Fillers Accomplish?
You may not realize it, but the shape of your cheeks has a huge impact on the overall shape of your face. Think of Chrissy Teigen, Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightley, and Gisele Bundchen. They all have very different faces, but their overall looks come down to the shape of their cheeks and their cheekbones. It is the same with men too. Think of Johnny Depp, Tom Hiddleston, and Benedict Cumberbatch. It is all about the cheekbones.
Of course, you may need to read the entire works of Shakespeare and practice Jack Sparrow’s iconic walk if you want to be like Hiddleston or Depp, but you can still get the cheekbones. This is where natural cheek fillers come in. And, believe it or not, they aren’t just for women. Many male patients at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic have naturally enhanced their bone structure with fillers.
Cheek fillers can improve your appearance in several ways, including:
- Smoothing wrinkles on the cheeks
- Making fine lines disappear
- Adding volume around the cheekbones
- Lifting and tightening the cheeks
- Enhancing your bone structure
- Improving skin texture over time
If you don’t like the shape of your face or think that you would be more confident if you had more defined bone structure, then fillers may be the way to go! Whether you want a more lifted appearance or to smooth out your skin, schedule a consultation with Dr. Qazi to learn how fillers can help.
When you meet with Dr. Qazi, you can explain your aesthetic goals and how you would like the procedure to work for you. This is also your time to ask clarifying questions and get your concerns out of the way. Once Dr. Qazi understands what you want from the treatment, he will formulate a customized plan to help you achieve your goals.
How Cheek Fillers Achieve More Natural-Looking Results
If you have watched Botched or any episode of TMZ, you might have doubts that a cosmetic procedure can produce natural-looking results. This is a common misconception; however, when it comes to cheek fillers, natural results are exactly what you are going to get.
Here’s why: the purpose of fillers is to enhance what is already there, not to artificially add contour. Maybe your cheekbones just need a little extra pop, or you would like to even out your face just a tad. Fillers are not about making you look like someone that you are not. The same way that makeup products are a fun way to enhance your features or how you might wear a blue shirt on a date to really bring out your eyes, fillers are just the cherry on top. You are already a beautiful person, but with natural cheek fillers, you will be a beautiful person with more stunning cheekbones.
If you still have doubts, just take a look at Dr. Qazi’s gallery of Before and After photos! Fillers are one of the most natural ways to create contour. Unlike Botox, you will have a full range of facial expressions, and Face ID on your phone will still work just fine.
What To Expect When You Get Natural Cheek Fillers
How To Prepare
Compared to surgical procedures, the prep for fillers is fairly minimal. You will need to stop taking blood thinners 2 weeks beforehand because these may increase your risk of bruising. If you have questions about specific medications, be sure to discuss it with Dr. Qazi during your consultation.
Additionally, it is recommended that you avoid excessive sun exposure and harsh chemicals before you get your fillers. While fillers are ideal for creating effortless contour, they are not able to reverse sun damage.
Depending on your medical history, goals, and the condition of your skin, Dr. Qazi may give you customized prep instructions during the consultation.
When You Arrive
All treatment rooms at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic are sterilized and thoroughly deep cleaned, so there is no risk of infection. Depending on your pain threshold and comfort, Dr. Qazi may apply a topical anesthetic to the treatment area. This will take several minutes to kick in, once it does, you will not even feel the pricks from the needle. If you have further concerns about needles, be sure to discuss these concerns with Dr. Qazi’s team. You can also bring a support person to hold your hand if needed.
The injection process takes between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on how much filler is needed to achieve your look. Afterwards, you can relax while Dr. Qazi manipulates the treatment area to achieve the desired shape. At this point, you will be invited to examine your face and voice any concerns. Because fillers are natural, it is easy to adjust them if they turn out uneven.
One benefit of fillers is that there is almost no risk of allergic reaction because the fillers are made of a sugar complex that is naturally occurring. While it is possible for patients to have adverse reactions to Botox, fillers do not present the same risk.
After You Leave
You will be able to drive yourself home or return to work or school immediately after the procedure. The results will be instantly noticeable in the form of greater volume. However, some swelling and a small amount of bruising is completely normal.
In order to get the best results from your procedure, Dr. Qazi recommends that you take the following precautions when caring for the treated area:
- Avoid sleeping on your front or side for a few days after the injection. Try to sleep flat on your back to avoid putting too much pressure on the fillers too soon.
- Do not do any strenuous exercise until the fillers have taken shape. This can take up to 48 hours. You are safe to walk or go for a light jog, but it is not the time to run a marathon or compete in a powerlifting competition.
- As tempting as it may be, try not to touch your face. You are welcome to admire your cheekbones in the mirror as much as you want, but don’t touch them too much for the first 48 hours. Dr. Qazi recommends this for 2 reasons: first, manipulating the treated area could affect the shape of the fillers. Second, touching the area can increase your risk of infection.
- Keep your face clean and dry. Do not use any harsh chemicals or put on loads of makeup. It is best to let your skin heal before you resume your Hot Girl Summer activities.
Even if you feel fine and like the new look, Dr. Qazi recommends that you wait at least 3 to 6 days before booking any special events. The reason for this is that you want the fillers to finalize their shape before you debut your popping cheekbones. Similarly, if you wait a little longer, the fillers will have time to increase your collagen levels, which will make your skin look even more flawless.
Some common side effects include redness, itching, slight swelling, and light bruising; these are common and you have nothing to worry about. However, if you experience filler leakage, tissue death, injury to blood vessels, or vision loss be sure to contact your doctor and Dr. Qazi immediately because these symptoms could indicate infection.
Natural cheek fillers are not permanent – this is why many patients like them. Your fillers will last between 6 and 12 months depending on how well you take care of them. After your body naturally dissolves the fillers, you have the option of scheduling a followup appointment to get new injections. However, if you liked your previous look or if popping cheekbones go out of style, it is very easy to go back.
Additionally, it is easy to modify your fillers after they are injected. If you would like more volume, all you need to do is schedule another appointment at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic.
Let’s Make Those Cheekbones POP!
Are you ready to embrace your inner Johnny Depp or Angelina Jolie? Sometimes your beautiful, natural bone structure just needs a little help. Get effortless contour with natural cheek fillers! To learn more, contact Qazi Cosmetic Clinic at our Orange County office.