For your face, there is Botox, face lifts, brow lifts, fillers, implants, PDO threads, and laser treatment. You might look good from your jawline up, but it is still possible for your neck to give away your age. This is why you should consider getting a neck lift at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic.
What Does a Neck Lift Do?
A neck lift is very similar to a facelift or a brow lift. Also called a lower rhytidectomy, a neck lift is designed to remove excess skin on the neck that causes sagging and the appearance of a turkey neck. During the procedure, the medical team will also tighten the skin on the neck to remove wrinkles, lines, and creases.
When patients take their neck lifts before and after photos, the biggest difference they notice is how much younger a neck-based procedure makes them look. Whether you are getting your face and your neck done or just your neck, reducing sagging can make you look much younger and more active. Sometimes, a neck lift can give the illusion of a facelift when sagging skin on the chin is removed.
Why You Should Consider a Neck Lift at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic
Dr. Nadir Qazi and his team of experienced cosmetic surgeons provide all patients with the procedures that they are seeking. Dr. Qazi’s surgical team handles all invasive cosmetic procedures, including neck lifts, facelifts, brow lifts, liposuction, and more!
When you schedule your consultation for a neck lift, you will speak to Dr. Qazi about your goals and concerns, then he will consult with his surgical team to come up with a customized surgical plan for the procedure. From the consultation through the end of your recovery period, Dr. Qazi will be available to answer all your questions.
There are many patients who have been considering a neck lift for a long time.
Patients who get their neck lift at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic often cite these 5 reasons why they chose our local Orange County practice:
- Qazi Cosmetic Clinic is dedicated to providing patients with natural-looking results. After your procedure, you do not have to worry about looking like an alien. You will still look like yourself, just a younger and more active version of yourself.
- Dr. Qazi and his team are experienced at performing a variety of anti-aging procedures. The surgical team routinely performs neck lifts and stays up to date on the best surgical techniques.
- If you stay local to get your procedure – rather than travel abroad, like to Tijuana – you will receive higher quality care, while contributing to your community. It can be risky to get cosmetic procedures abroad, so patients should always go to their local, trusted, and board-certified practices.
- Dr. Qazi’s team of plastic surgeons routinely perform neck lifts at the same time as face lifts and brow lifts; this allows you to make a complete transformation, while only having to go through the recovery once.
- All patients should be completely sure that they will get high-quality results. Dr. Qazi and his team frequently work with people of all ages and all different skin types. No matter your age or the quality of your skin, you will receive expert care and beautiful results that look good on you.
What Are the Benefits of a Neck Lift?
When you are preparing for or recovering from a neck lift, it can be hard to see the forest from within the trees. However, when patients take their neck lift before and after photos, they can finally see the transformation and enjoy the results.
Patients get neck lifts for all sorts of different reasons, but here are some of the most widely reported benefits:
- Younger appearance; a neck lift can take up to 10 years off your face.
- Straight forward recovery.
- Long-lasting results, usually 10-15 years before patients need a refresher procedure.
- A neck lift is a one-and-done procedure. You will not need to do follow-ups every 6 months the way you do with Botox.
- The correction of a turkey neck can make you look slimmer and more active.
- It is a confidence boost to look as young as you feel.
- A neck lift can be a valuable addition to a facelift or brow lift. When one area is untreated, it draws attention to the treated areas, which makes the results appear less seamless.
- A neck lift is ideal for men who find themselves unable to button the collar of their shirts completely.
- Loose skin can be challenging to treat and a neck lift is the best procedure to correct it.
If You Are Considering a Neck Lift, Here’s What You Need to Know
Who Is a Good Candidate?
There are 2 big factors that determine if a neck lift is right for you: first, if you have enough sagging skin on the neck to justify the procedure. Second, if you are adequately healthy for the procedure. People with blood disorders, a history of allergic reactions to anesthesia, and a history of severe body dysmorphia should not get a neck lift.
The people who get the best results from their neck lifts are non-smokers and individuals who have realistic expectations for the procedure.
There is no official age for when you should get a neck lift, but most people begin to consider the procedure in their 50s or 60s.
How to Prepare for a Neck Lift
The first step of preparation is having your consultation. During this meeting, you will discuss your goals with Dr. Qazi and he will determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. If you feel ready to proceed with the procedure, you will be given preparation instructions; you will also get a call regarding scheduling the procedure.
A person’s preparation instructions for a neck lift vary because everyone has different health needs. But, in general, patients are normally instructed to stop smoking, stop taking blood thinners, and quit taking any medications that may interact with the anesthesia.
Your procedure prep should also include getting ready for your recovery. This means that you should find someone to act as your designated support person; they will be responsible for driving you home and taking care of you for the first 24 hours. During your recovery, you will need to take it easy. Be sure to stock up on easy-to-make meals and arrange for time off work.
What to Expect When You Get a Neck Lift
If you have had a surgical procedure before, the process for a neck lift is very similar. Like with other procedures, you will be told to avoid eating or drinking anything for 8 hours before the procedure is set to begin. When you check in at the surgical center, you will be prepped by a caring team of nurses; during this time, your support person can be with you to hold your hand.
When it is time for the procedure, you will be taken into the surgical suite and given general anesthesia. Most patients report that anesthesia feels like falling asleep. While you are out, an experienced anesthesiologist will monitor you and adjust the dosage to keep you comfortable.
The medical team will begin by disinfecting the treatment area to reduce your risk of infection. For a neck lift, the incisions are normally made behind the ears and along the hairline. This allows for any marks to be hidden from view. Once the incisions are made, the medical team will trim away excess skin on the neck, remove extra fat, and pull the skin tight.
At the end of the procedure, the skin will be secured into place with sutures or medical glue. You will be bandaged up and sent to the recovery room.
What Is it Like to Recover from a Neck Lift?
When you first wake up, the nursing team may have you walk around a little. At this time, it is completely normal to be a little out of it. You may ask the same questions repeatedly and have difficulty keeping your train of thought. Your support person will be with you in the recovery room, so they will be responsible for picking up your prescriptions and helping you get dressed again.
Because a neck lift is less involved than other cosmetic procedures, the neck lift before and after process will be a little easier. Unlike a BBL or implants, you will be able to rest and sit normally after a neck lift.
When you are sent home, you will be given instructions that may include the following:
- How long do you have to wear a compression garment or bandage?
- When it will be safe to shower and wash your face?
- If you are safe to ice the neck directly or if you should avoid icing it to allow for blood flow.
- If you should take an antibiotic after the procedure to lower your risk of infection.
- How to change the bandages and when you should first do so.
- General guidelines on when you can return to work and your normal activities.
- How to care for your neck; patients should sleep sitting up for a few weeks and avoid touching the treatment area too much.
- How often to take pain management medication?
- When you can resume light exercise.
- When it is safe to swim, sit in hot tubs, and enjoy saunas again.
How Long Does it Take to Recover After a Neck Lift?
It normally takes 2 weeks for patients to return to work and resume light activity. At that time, they feel comfortable being out in public. Do not drive again until you are done taking prescribed pain management medication. While you heal, you should also avoid sun exposure because it will negatively affect how your skin heals.
If you have a more strenuous job, you should take at least 3 weeks off work. By weeks 3 and 4, you can gradually return to strenuous exercise.
It takes 6 to 9 weeks for your body to completely heal. Over time, the scars from the incisions will fade until they are nearly invisible. The rate of healing varies by person because it depends on your overall health, your age, and the quality of your skin. You can help the healing process by staying hydrated, nourishing your body, avoiding sun damage, and keeping the incisions clear.
Neck Lift Before and After – What You Need To Know About the Results
When you choose to get a neck lift at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic, it’s all about the results. Everyone is excited to take their before and after photos once they are fully healed. The results of a neck lift are usually final after 1 year. It can take some extra time for the scars to heal completely and for your skin to adjust. Some patients help the healing process by getting facials, RF microneedling for collagen production.
When patients take their neck lifts before and after photos, the first question that they always ask is: how long will I look like this?
The results of a neck lift normally last around 10 years. While a neck lift erases past damage and signs of aging from your skin, it does not freeze the clock entirely. Your skin will still continue to age and you may develop new wrinkles and fresh sagging over time. Some patients are happy with their results, even as they continue to age; other patients want to preserve their look and choose to get a refresher neck lift after 10 years.
Either way, a neck lift is your best option for a long-term anti-aging solution. The results are both transformational and the longest lasting of any cosmetic procedure.
Neck Lift Before and After at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic
If you are feeling jealous of everyone else’s neck lift before and after photos, maybe you should consider getting a neck lift too. Contact Qazi Cosmetic Clinic in Orange County to set up a neck lift consultation.