How a PDO Thread Face Lift Can Reverse Sagging Skin & Wrinkles
Actress Eva Mendes recently took to Instagram to share her wonderful experience with a PDO Thread Face Lift. She isn’t the only woman in Hollywood to be a big fan of this new anti-aging solution; Gwyneth Paltrow and her team at The Goop Lab are also fans of this new, natural procedure.
As the PDO thread face lift gains popularity, Qazi Cosmetic Clinic is excited to announce that we offer high-quality, affordable thread face lifts for patients of all ages. Whether you want to tighten up a few wrinkles and restore your youthful glow or contour your face, a PDO thread face lift can help!
What is a Thread Lift?
A PDO thread face lift is a non-surgical alternative to a full facelift that uses PDO threads to raise and tighten the skin on the face. These threads are made of an absorbable polymer called polydioxanone, which is flexible, durable, and comes in a variety of sizes and textures for maximum customization.
The procedure for a thread lift is simple:
- After you have an initial consultation with Dr. Qazi and you decide that a thread lift is right for you, he will design a customized treatment plan that will help you get your desired look.
- This procedure is very comfortable because a numbing cream is applied to the treatment area. If you feel anxious around needles or have any other concerns, please let Dr. Qazi know right away.
- Your skin will be marked in order to ensure that the threads are positioned properly. The placement of the threads will be customized for you to accentuate your features.
- Next, Dr. Qazi will use a small, hollow needle to insert the barbed threads into the soft tissues of your face. When the needle is removed, the threads are left in place.
- The threads can then be adjusted to lift away wrinkles and to subtly adjust your face shape.
- The results of your thread lift can last between 4 and 6 months, after which time the threads will harmlessly dissolve. While the threads are in place, they will be stimulating your natural collagen production, so you can expect your skin texture to improve over time.
Who is the Ideal Candidate For a PDO Thread Face Lift?
Anyone with mild wrinkles and sagging skin, who desire a non-invasive and non-surgical anti-aging solution is a good candidate for a thread face lift. A face lift with PDO threads is especially appealing because it requires no downtime, does not have the rigors of a surgical facelift, and does not cause scarring.
Patients of any age can get a PDO thread face lift, although most people are in their 30s or 40s before they notice unwanted sagging skin. Unlike a surgical face lift, the results of a thread lift look very natural and subtle. If you want to only get rid of a few wrinkles while you age gracefully, then a thread lift is the procedure for you!
Did you know that men can also get thread lifts? In fact, many of Dr. Qazi’s PDO thread patients are men who want their outer appearance to match their inner vigour and energy.
Because a PDO thread face lift is so fast, it is ideal for men who have busy work schedules. Unlike a surgical face lift where you will need to take 1-2 weeks off, you can easily drop by to get a thread lift on your lunch hour, then be back to work.
If you have questions about PDO threads, the procedure itself, or if you are wondering “what is a thread lift and is it right for me?” contact Qazi Cosmetic Clinic to schedule a consultation!
Dr. Qazi will listen to your concerns, make a customized plan to help meet your goals, and give you specialized instructions for how to prepare for your procedure. However, a thread face lift is only effective for people who have mild wrinkles and sagging skin. Some cases may require a full surgical face lift to turn back the hands of time. When you meet with Dr. Qazi, he will make a recommendation for which procedure is right for you.
If you do decide that you want a surgical face lift, then the procedure can be performed by Qazi Cosmetic Clinic’s own team of experienced, Orange County surgeons.
What is a Thread Lift Able To Treat?
PDO threads can be used to achieve a variety of looks. In addition to being an excellent anti-aging tool, they are popular among young women who want to get that Ariana Grande-style “cat eye” look.
If you have:
- Marionette Lines
- Fine lines
- Moderate wrinkles
- Lightly sagging skin
- Nasolabial folds
- Facial skin laxity
- Loss of neck or jawline definition
Then a PDO thread face lift might be able to help!
Thread lifts are a very popular procedure here at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic because they are so versatile! Not only can a thread lift help your skin defy gravity and make you look years younger, PDO threads can also be used to provide greater contour to your face. Some patients are thrilled to re-discover their beautiful bone structure after the PDO threads lift away the jowls and sagging skin.
What Are the Benefits of a PDO Thread Face Lift?
The biggest benefit of getting a thread face lift is that you will look in the mirror and look as amazing as you feel. How we view ourselves is incredibly important, so if you dislike the way you look, then you might sell yourself short in other areas as well. Oftentimes, patients who feel “old” are encouraged to come in for a quick thread lift. It’s amazing how often the years melt away from the face and the heart when you restore your confidence.
PDO threads are ideal for cosmetic procedures because they work with your body to change your look. There are basically two mechanisms at work when you get a thread lift: first, the threads lift your skin Second, the threads prompt your body to boost its collagen production. Because collagen is the protein responsible for skin elasticity and texture, this will improve the appearance of your skin even after the hooks dissolve.
Thread lifts are also considered more natural compared to other procedures. The threads dissolve over time, so you don’t have to worry about having all these foreign chemicals in your body. It’s still your skin and your body; the PDO threads are just giving your skin a little lift to help it look its best.
Thread Lift vs. Face Lift – Which is Better?
Many patients come to Qazi Cosmetic Clinic and are afraid that their only option is to get a surgical face lift. While cosmetic surgery is completely safe and highly effective, it just doesn’t fit everyone’s lifestyle. Some people can’t take the time off work for the recovery period or have other health conditions that make a face lift unsafe. This is where a thread lift can come in. It’s like the results of the face lift, but without the anesthesia, surgery, and weeks long recovery.
If you are deciding between a thread lift and a surgical face lift to make you look as young as you feel, there are several things to keep in mind:
- The Process – Are you prepared for surgery or would you rather have a quick session in-office that lasts 2 hours tops? Are you okay with undergoing general anesthesia?
- Your Needs – Your cosmetic needs and goals can help determine which option is right for you. PDO thread face lifts are best for patients who only have light wrinkles and sagging skin. Anything more serious and the threads won’t be effective. If you have deep wrinkles, then a surgical face lift may be necessary.
- The Transformation – In addition to your needs, the outcome and transition associated with cosmetic procedures is also important to consider. When you get a surgical face lift, you will be a little swollen for several weeks, then you will emerge looking 10-20 years younger. Some people like that grand transformation and are excited to look much younger. The results of a thread lift are more subtle: you will look more energetic, a little younger, and more approachable, but your friends and family members might not be able to put their finger on where the difference lies.
- The Cost – Thread lifts are much more affordable than a surgical face lift. Money is an important factor to consider; both the cost of the procedure and if you will be able to take time off work to recover. Of course, it is never a good idea to procedure shop solely based on price, but it is one factor to consider.
- The Results – A thread lift will last 4 to 6 months and then you will need a follow-up appointment to maintain your new look. On the other hand, a surgical face lift lasts 10 to 15 years and may require a touch-up down the line. Some people like a procedure that isn’t permanent, while others want to maintain their new look for as long as possible. It all depends on what works for you.
- The Risks – All procedures come with a few risks, but there are many more risks and side effects associated with a surgical procedure than a non-invasive one. PDO thread face lifts are very safe and only rarely produce unwanted side effects. Which procedure you choose will also depend on your risk profile.
Don’t know what to do? Talk to Dr. Qazi to get an expert opinion on whether a PDO thread face lift is right for you!
Tips From Dr. Qazi: Preparation & Aftercare
Your final results from a procedure are determined by the cosmetic physician’s skill and by how well you prepare and care for the treatment area. When you are given instructions, it is very important to follow them closely.
How to Prepare For a Thread Lift
You will need to refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for at least a week before the procedure. You will also need to stop taking blood thinners, which can include prescription medications as well as certain herbal supplements. Dr. Qazi may give you specific instructions on certain other medications to stop taking temporarily.
The purpose of this preparation is to minimize bleeding and bruising during and after the procedure. The better you prepare, the less time your face will need to heal afterwards.
What You Need To Know About Aftercare
The most important thing you can do after a thread lift is to avoid washing and touching your face for the first 12 hours. This is the hardest part for most patients; good thing the pandemic has given everyone lots of practice at not touching their face. You will also need to limit facial motion as much as possible for the first 24 hours. This means that it probably isn’t a good idea to watch any comedy specials on Netflix just yet.
While these instructions may sound small, it is very important to avoid disrupting the treatment area. Touching your face too much can negatively impact your results.
After the first day, you can resume non-strenuous activities. Everyone recovers at a slightly different pace, so you are free to resume normal activities when you feel ready and when Dr. Qazi gives you the go-ahead. Most patients report that soreness is their most common symptom afterwards; for this reason, it can help to eat soft foods until the soreness goes away.
After the first week, you are safe to resume full activities and go back to eating whatever you want. It is best to avoid overly strenuous activities for another 2 to 3 weeks, so be sure not to schedule any marathons until 4 weeks after your thread lift procedure.
The Final Take-Away: Skin Care
A PDO thread face lift is an amazing procedure for rejuvenating your face; however, it isn’t the only thing that you can do to look younger. Dr. Qazi always warns patients to never underestimate the power of taking good care of your skin. In general, you should always wear sunscreen when you are exposed to the sun, use non-harsh products on your skin, and avoid tobacco products because they can contribute to premature aging.
Patients who take good care of their skin both before and after a thread lift can enjoy a youthful glow for much longer!
Schedule a PDO Thread Face Lift Consultation Today!
Are you ready to look as young and vibrant as you feel? Are you ready to kiss your wrinkles and sagging skin goodbye? Contact Qazi Cosmetic Clinic to schedule a consultation. Our comfortable office is conveniently located in Irvine, California to serve the entire Orange County area.