Everywhere you look it’s like there are 10 new types of facial treatments popping up in beauty magazines every single day. Everyone from celebrities to influencers and models will tell anyone who will listen that this facial or that facial completely revitalized their skin.
It’s true that a lot of influencers and celebrities are paid to say that kind of thing. That’s why this article is designed to help you parse the different types of facial treatments and decide which one is ideal for you!
What Are the Types of Facial Treatments & How Do They Work?
A facial treatment can be defined as a treatment that may combine different techniques to achieve an end result like fewer blemishes, reduced acne, and brighter skin. Some of the most popular types of facial treatments include:
- Airbrush Facial™
- Microgold Facial
- Luxury Facial
- Dermal Facial Fillers
- RF Microneedling
No matter what your skin condition or skin type, there is most certainly a facial out there for you. Whether you struggle with acne, discoloration, excessively oily skin, dryness, fine lines and wrinkles, or if you just need some high-quality relaxation, a facial can help!
To the guys out there: facial treatments are not just for women! Whether you need new corporate headshots or photos for your dating profile, a facial treatment can help you radiate confidence and look more youthful.
1. Airbrush Facial™
This is a breakthrough new type of facial treatment that is ideal for patients who suffer from acne, large pores, inflammation, fine lines, rosacea, and aging skin. The Airbrush Facial is named for the way in which it delivers a custom blend of nutrients and vitamins into the layers of your skin. However, this type of facial can also give you that magazine-quality airbrushed look when it reduces acne, shrinks pores, and gives you a new glow.
Here’s How it Works:
- When you have your consultation with Dr. Qazi, he will discuss your skin challenges and your goals.
- Based on your skin’s unique needs, he will customize a formula to help clear up acne, redness, fine lines, or inflammation.
- During the appointment, a medical grade device similar to that of an airbrush will use rich streams of purified oxygen to reach 4mm into your skin to deliver your customized blend of vitamins and nutrients.
- Depending on your skin needs, this mixture may include glycolic acid, salicylic acid, vitamin C, vitamin B5, vitamin A+E, and hyaluronic acid
- Results start to show within a few hours. This type of facial treatment is ideal for a quick glow up before an important event.
- Safe for all skin tones and types. Everyone can benefit from an Airbrush Facial.
- The treatment is completely painless – it is actually quite relaxing because the sensation feels like a cooling face massage.
- Airbrush Facials are perfectly safe for women who are pregnant or nursing. They are especially ideal if mom needs some me-time.
- Unlike some cosmetic procedures, there is no recovery time.
- An Airbrush Facial can reduce redness, promote clearer skin, shrink your pores, and give your skin its glow back.
2. Microgold Facial
If the term “Microgold facial” makes you feel like a Kardashian in the lap of luxury, that’s because it is exactly that type of facial treatment. Also called the Super Facial – and the Mega Super Facial – the Microgold facial is a popular procedure for celebrities before events like the Met Gala where they have to be glowing.
Here’s What it Does:
It is called a Microgold Facial because it uses hollow needles made from 24 carat gold that are finer than human hair follicles. These tiny needles are ideal for types of facial treatments because smaller needles mean less damage to the skin, which means reduced downtime for healing. The needle is hollow because the magic of this facial is that it also introduces a customized serum into the skin.
When you have your consultation with Dr. Qazi, he will create a custom serum to address your cosmetic concerns. The serum may contain ingredients like Botox, Xeomin, Dysport, hyaluronic acid, vitamins, and natural anti-aging ingredients. If you want to treat your fine lines, then Botox will be the active ingredient in the serum to smooth your skin and take years off your appearance.
What Makes Microgold Facials So Great?
For one, they work. Beauty editor at Fashionista, Megan McIntyre, tried the procedure and it left her raving. In her article about the procedure, she wrote: “A week later, my skin had transformed. No exaggeration: My skin looked fantastic. I hadn’t even realized I had fine lines around my eyes until they were gone and I no longer appeared to be chronically exhausted. My acne scarring was less pronounced and I had a soft-filtered glow about me.” McIntyre also reported how everyone noticed and kept telling her how great she looked, even on the days when she was hungover and half awake.
Microgold Facials also have other benefits that are not normally found in other treatments. For one, the use of Botox, Xeomin, of Dysport is highly effective at smoothing wrinkles. The procedure only uses a microdose of these neurotoxins, which provides natural results and allows for normal facial expression – just with fewer wrinkles.
The results will usually appear a few hours after the treatment. Microgold facials are good for: shrinking pores, reducing redness, reversing signs of aging, and giving you skin a cheerful glow.
3. The Luxury Facial
When you come in for an appointment, your experience will be more than just a little moisturizing and cleansing. At Qazi Cosmetic Clinic, we believe in luxury and quality. This is why our facials are a 5-star, relaxing, and rejuvenating experience that will make your entire self feel healthy and refreshed. Dr. Nadir Qazi doesn’t just do facials; he specializes in luxury facials.
Here’s How It Goes:
- When you make an appointment for a type of facial treatment, Dr. Qazi will customize the treatment and the experience to match your needs, skin type, and skin concerns.
- Once you arrive, you will be guided to one of our ultra-calming treatments rooms. These rooms are designed to have a similar ambiance to a spa, with a warm bed, calming music, earthy aromas, and relaxing candlelight.
- Because Qazi Cosmetic Clinic is a medspa, we offer more services than the average spa. A luxury facial can include a variety of services, including cryotherapy, a light chemical peel, high frequency microdermabrasion, and a deep cleansing with a customized formula.
- After the facial, you will get a complementary head, neck, and shoulder massage to relieve tension and alleviate stress.
- When you want out of our Orange County office, your skin will be glowing and you will feel thoroughly relaxed and refreshed.
What Sets The Luxury Facial Apart?
Every cosmetic treatment has a series of conditions that it is designed to treat. However, Dr. Qazi’s luxury facials are designed to not only treat acne, dryness, and oily skin, but also to treat stress and worry. Luxury facials provide more than just better skin, they provide a de-stressing experience. For many of our patients, this treatment is less about their skin and more about their soul. It’s great self-care! And, of course, your skin will be glowing afterwards too.
If you are someone who takes care of everyone around you, it is about time that someone took care of you. Book a self-care appointment today because you deserve it!
4. Facial Fillers For Effortless Contour
This one isn’t one of the types of facial treatments per se, it is actually a type of injectable dermal facial filler. It is very common for patients to be unhappy with their appearance, but they don’t know what they want to change about it. Facials are often a good place to start for people who are getting their very first cosmetic procedure. Dermal fillers are also popular for new-comers.
What Exactly are Dermal Fillers?
Fillers are FDA-approved injections that use hyaluronic acid – a sugar complex that is naturally occurring in our bodies – to increase volume and improve skin quality. Hyaluronic acid is a compound that is also used in Microgold Facials.
How Do Fillers Work?
- When you have your consultation with Dr. Qazi, he will create a customized treatment to help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Many patients want fillers to balance their chins, enhance their jawline, reverse aging in their temples, and accentuate their cheeks.
- When you come in for your appointment, Dr. Qazi may apply a topical numbing cream to the treatment area in order to keep you comfortable.
- The amount of hyaluronic acid used in the fillers will depend on your face shape and how much volume you want.
- For the injection process, Dr. Qazi always uses the smallest needles possible in order to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Once injected, the fillers enhance your appearance in two different ways: first, the filler itself creates volume at the sight of injection, which gives your chin, cheeks, or jawline greater definition. Second, it stimulates your natural collagen production over time, which will improve your overall skin texture.
The Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Fillers are ideal because – like facials – the results are not permanent. Over time, your body will dissolve the injectable filler and your face will return to its previous state. This means that you have the freedom to easily return to your previous look and don’t have to commit to a new look entirely.
While fillers do add volume to certain areas, like the chin or under the eyes, the overall effect is a subtle, natural look. It is essentially built-in contour that can accentuate your best features without changing your appearance too much. If you want to be #wokeuplikethis, then fillers may be the way to go.
5. Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling
Radiofrequency Microneedling is all the rage right now. This procedure is a little like the Microgold Facial in that it uses needles to pierce the topmost layers and reach deeper into the skin. Instead of delivering a custom serum, the Vivace microneedling device delivers radiofrequency energy to stimulate your natural collagen production.
Conditions That It Treats:
- Acne scars
- Sun damage
- Visibly large pores
- Dark spots
How It Works:
- There are a few precautions that you should take prior to the procedure in order to get the best results. It is recommended that you avoid Accutane for 6 months before the procedure, discontinue Retin A 3-5 days before, and avoid skin resurfacing or hair removal treatments at least 5-7 days before.
- Microneedling is a fairly quick procedure; it only lasts 45 minutes or so. Your skin will first be thoroughly cleaned in preparation, then a topical numbing cream will be applied.
- When Dr. Qazi goes over your skin with the Vivace microneedling device, it will deliver RF energy into the deepest layers of the skin. Most patients report that they feel slight pressure from the device, but little to no pain.
- After the area has been treated, it is recommended that you sit tight for a little bit until the numbing cream wears off.
- Immediately after the procedure, you can expect some redness and dryness. This is completely normal. Your skin will heal over time.
- Recovery lasts about 7 days. After 1 day, you are free to return to work or school. Redness, dryness, and flaking may persist for up to 7 days as your skin heals.
- Once the healing is complete, you can expect to see brighter, clearer, and more youthful looking skin!
Right now you may be asking: Which type of facial treatment is right for me?
That is going to depend on your goals and what you want out of the treatment. Here are some things to consider when deciding on your facial treatment:
- Are you afraid of needles?
- How soon do you want to see results?
- Are you prepared for a brief healing time after the procedure?
- What conditions do you want to treat? Is it your acne, wrinkles, or skin discoloration?
- What is your goal with this facial? Do you want to revitalize your skin or are you primarily seeking a little self-care time?
How To Choose Which Type of Facial Treatment Is Right For You? Book a Consultation!
If you need help determining which of the different types of facial treatments are right for you, Dr. Qazi can help! Schedule a consultation at the Orange County office to have all your questions answered! During this consultation, Dr. Qazi can customize a treatment plan to most effectively address your skin concerns and help you become more confident in your appearance.