When you look in the mirror, do you get embarrassed by the dark spots you see on your cheeks or under your eyes? Do you wish that the melasma caused by hormonal changes on your forehead, nose, or chin could just magically disappear overnight? If you truly want these uneven skin tones gone, a new treatment can help. But first, let’s answer the question, “What is a Cosmelan Peel?”
Yes… What in the World Is Cosmelan?
Cosmelan peel is a two-step, topical, cosmetic treatment that’s designed to reduce and to regulate stubborn and dense pigmentation, as well as blotchiness. Its special blend of ingredients is said to be the safest and most effective treatment for a more even skin tone, resulting in the bleaching of undesirable skin pigments. It is offered at doctor’s offices and cosmetic clinics, but not for home use.
Some cosmetic professionals recommend “Cosmelan 2” as the world’s leading professional depigmenting method. Like a Cosmelan peel, it’s a specially formulated cream that contains an exclusive combination of ingredients with proven efficacy to reduce pigments on your skin and prevent their reappearance. However, this product is recommended for in-home use only and does not use a mask, which contains important levels of the bleaching agent.
Other Home Remedies That Don’t Work Well on Dark Skin Spots.
You’ve probably heard or read that some home remedies can get rid of or possibly lighten dark spots on your skin. But each one can have negative results:
- Lemon juice can burn it.
- Baking soda can bleach it.
- Apple cider vinegar can be caustic to your skin.
- Turmeric can be harmful to fair skin.
- Papaya can generate allergic reactions.
Melasma and Dark Spots Can Be Difficult to Treat.
Home remedies are used without the guidance or expertise of a professional cosmetic expert. Since melasma is a very complicated skin condition to treat because one dark spot may have different amounts of pigmentation than others, a consultation with Dr. Nadir Qazi at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic and Med Spa in Newport Beach, California, can help explain the different treatment methods available to you.
Introducing Cosmelan Treatments at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic.
To further answer growing demand from patients for “What is Cosmelan?”, we are now a certified Cosmelan professional, and have introduced specialized treatments specifically for dark spots or to treat moderate to severe skin discoloration issues right in our offices.
One is a variety of combination laser treatments that are all safe, minimally invasive procedures with pinpoint accuracy. The other is a combination mask treatment and chemical peel.
Combination Laser Treatments for Treating Dark Skin Spots.
We have treated thousands of patients in our office for dark spots and melasma, both of which can be very complicated skin conditions to treat, especially in darker skin tones. We typically customize our treatments depending on the severity of the pigmentation and the depth of the issue. We use multiple medications, prescription creams, Combination Laser Treatment to gently reverse the effects of Melasma while rejuvenating their skin.
These photos show the significant improvement under the patient’s skin after a series of treatments. By using low-energy lasers, we are able to safely treat patients who suffer from Melasma; the key is to not overheat the skin. The combination of different lasers also allows me to target other skin concerns, such as acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
This type of laser treatment can combine other procedures, such as dermal fillers or a chemical peel, to optimize the results. For dark spot removal, however, sun damage on your cheeks can be addressed by the laser, while if you have hollows under your eyes, that can be addressed with a dermal filler.
A few options include:
- Our Pico Laser Treatment can use its laser power to treat dark spots on your skin, sun damage, freckles, melasma, and pigmentation, as well as unwanted tattoos. It is safe for most skin tones, even darker skin. It’s safe. It’s fast. And it can be used in conjunction with other laser treatments.
- C02 Laser Treatment is specifically designed to treat sun damage, scars, wrinkles, and fine lines. It uses heat to get rid of old, dead skin cells, and activates your body’s natural healing abilities to resurfaces your skin and create newer, more beautiful skin. It can be combined with dermal fillers, Kybella, or Botox to make you look younger and more vibrant.
- LaseMD is both a laser treatment and an entire skincare routine ideals for complete skin rejuvenation. It gently create channels in your skin to apply unique serums and a face mask to lock in those benefits and provide your skin with a radiant glow. LaseMD is typically combined with the CO2 laser treatment and dermal fillers to achieve a no-makeup look like supermodels and social media stars and an effortless facial contour.
- Our exclusive Eraser Laser treatment works best for patients who have dark facial patches which may have been caused by pregnancy, sensitivity to hormonal changes, or just too much sun exposure. This treatment typically combines lasers with topical bleaching agents to achieve the level of skin lightening that you desire.
- Our sun damage Eraser Laser treatment is a proven, non-invasive therapy that effectively removes dark skin or dark spots caused by sun damage, can restore your skin’s clarity, and can reverse any visible signs of aging.
The Cosmelan Mask Treatment.
When you find out what is cosmelan and what can it do –– and you want an effective cosmetic treatment for dark skin spots or skin discoloration –– this mask treatment may be the right treatment to choose.
When you make an appointment with a cosmelan professional at Qazi Cosmetic Clinic,
a mask containing cosmelan is a popular medical-grade chemical peel that:
- Helps reduce the appearance of your skin discoloration from sun damage, melasma, hyperpigmented skin, mild acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Penetrates your skin so it can help fade dark spots better than DIY skin lightening.
- Is considered safe for all skin types.
- Has minimal downtime.
- Offers optimal results in just a few sessions.
This cosmelan chemical peel mask is part of a two-step process:
- Step 1 includes the application of a thick mask on your face that has the consistency of peanut butter, which contains the specific ingredients of Arbutine, Ascorbic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid (which are all active ingredients of Hydroquinone), and Titanium Dioxide (a protective agent). This is applied and should remain on your face for approximately 6 to 10 hours. The particular blend of these ingredients will depend on your skin types and the darkness of the areas being treated.
- Step 2 is an application at home that will help you maintain the results achieved by your peel, which will make your skin’s pigment appear lighter.
What Are The Results of Cosmelan Treatments at Qazi Clinic?
Based on your particular needs, our combination Cosmelan treatments by Dr. Qazi typically achieve the following results for what is cosmelan:
- Combination laser treatments can brighten dark spots, with significant benefit over two to four treatments, which are spaced two to four weeks apart. We recommend long-term maintenance for optimal results by a cosmelan professional.
- A medium-depth Cosmelan mask / chemical peel can dramatically reduce pigmentation and melasma on your face or body. It can help to fade dark spots on your skin within several treatments, but patients can expect to see results after the redness and flaking stop after seven days to reveal newer, more even-looking skin tones and healthy-looking skin. While most people feel satisfied after one treatment, optimal results are typically required over a few sessions.
- Vitamin C promotes collagen production while inhibiting the formation of melanin (skin pigment); it’s especially good for dark spots and damage caused by the sun.
- Vitamin E is naturally rich in antioxidants. It helps repair your damaged skin cells and to naturally fade dark spots when Vitamin E oil is applied and left on your skin overnight.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Any of These Skin Treatments?
Regardless of your age, your gender, or your skin tone, whether you are pregnant or not, just about anyone with dark spots, sun damage, or liver spots can benefit from a cosmelan cosmetic treatment.
As with any of our cosmetic procedure, an initial consultation with Dr. Qazi will determine which particular treatment or combination of treatments with cosmelan may work best for your particular skin.
Are Any of These Procedures Painful?
Our combination laser treatments and medical-grade cosmelan chemical peels are all virtually painless. For the laser, you may request a topical numbing or a nerve block if you are particularly sensitive. You might only feel a tingling sensation during a chemical peel; the next day, you may have some discomfort like you have with a mild sunburn.
What Should You Do Prior to Your Cosmelan Appointment?
As with other facial skin treatments when you’re asking yourself, “what is cosmelan”?, we recommend that our patients avoid wearing makeup on the day of your cosmelan mask or laser treatment, but our office specialists can also remove any make-up if you wish.
If you happen to be taking Accutane to treat acne within the last three months, or if you’re having an active herpes outbreak, please contact us before scheduling a chemical peel.
If you should have any other personalized concerns, please discuss them with Dr. Qazi, a cosmelan professional, during your first office visit.
Are There Any Side Effects?
There are usually no side effects for any of these in-office treatments to remove dark spots or melasma from your skin. However, you may experience the following temporary reactions:
- Blotchy skin
- Post-facial breakouts
- Redness and irritation
Are There Any Aftercare Instructions for These Treatments?
Dr. Qazi always takes the time to meet with each patient to discuss your individual treatment options –– before, during, and especially after your procedure.
Post-procedure, it is important that you avoid excessive sunlight, so be sure to lather on lots of sunblock, and apply a scent-free moisturizer. You should also avoid heavy makeup for the first few days after a procedure like any of these.
Are These Treatments Safe For My Skin Tone?
Yes! Patients with any skin color, as well as any type of skin, can all benefit from these types of treatments, customized and safe for you and your particular skin type, tone, and age.
What Does A Cosmelan Treatment Cost?
At Qazi Cosmetic Clinic and Med Spa, the cost for any non-invasive cosmetic procedure depends on your particular needs and your desired results. This will all be discussed at your initial consultation with Dr. Qazi in our Newport Beach office.
Can I Read Some Testimonials About The Cosmelan Mask?*
Here is some patient feedback for this and similar treatments for dark spots and melasma by the experts at Qazi Clinic:
““For someone so popular and successful, I have been so impressed with how down to earth and friendly Dr. Qazi is. The entire clinic has treated me so well. I suffered from frustrating melasma after pregnancy and heard from several friends that Dr. Qazi can help with this. He first did a cosmelan peel for me which helped and then he did some pico lasers. My skin still has some mild spots but it is so much better at this point. I just can’t thank him enough.”
““I have done treatments for my dark spots and melasma at Dr. Qazi’s office. He explained everything during the entire process and my skin has been clear for almost a year now. I had done multiple lasers for this sun damage before seeing Dr. Qazi but I had very little results. I am so happy that I found him because it really made such a great difference. I have now sent many friends to him and they are all very happy with him too.”
““Being Black / Asian / Native American it’s challenging for me to find a Doctor, Dermatologist or Plastic surgeon who understands my skin issues and knows how to improve brown, dark and every color in between including my skin color. Fact: you can’t hide your face and the results are seen by everyone! It’s important to feel safe and confident with your Doctor or Plastic Surgeon. Communication on both sides needs to be clear and precise in order to get what you want from the beginning. Dr. Qazi listened to my concerns with my hyper-pigmented skin, dark under eyes and explained the hormonal changes I was seeing in the mirror. He explained my choices without being aggressive or up selling extra procedures. Dr. Qazi has the best bedside manner. He’s funny, tells you what he’s doing while he’s working on you and makes me feel comfortable through the entire treatment. Dr. Qazi is amazing and talented. I highly recommend the staff and Dr. Qazi.”
“I got the Eraser Laser treatment done by Dr. Qazi and my experience couldn’t have been better! The treatment was super easy and painless and the recovery period was a breeze. I got the treatment done to help reduce the appearance of dark spots from sun damage and to help prevent cancerous spots in the future. The treatment dramatically helped and I would recommend to anyone wanting to reduce the appearance of acne scars, dark spots, enlarged pores, and fine lines! So great!”
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed.
Book Your Appointment Today.
To learn more about what is Cosmelan and what Dr. Qazi recommends as a Cosmelan professional for patients with dark spots, please contact our office here to schedule your initial consultation for a Cosmelan mask or a Cosmelan Laser Treatment.